West Bromwich Albion

R.I.C.O.

Always said about Clarke, judge him when he has a rocky patch and see if he can come out the other side. Now I think theirs next to no chance that would give him 12million and say you've got two games, however I'd put a marker on the Villa game, lose that he's in trouble.

Don't shoot the messenger! That's the consensus around the training ground and the fans.

• 2 weeks later...

I was at the game (arsenal end) and WBA were poor. Arsenal were there for the taking and WBA mustered about 3 decent attempts in 120mins. Their fans were cack n only got behind the team for a bout 5mins. Glad to see them go out on penalties. Arsenal youngsters were crap too.

anyone ever see belletti do something similar / possibly even labelled as outrageous skill iirc for barca vs kameni iirc where he saved it but it was awesome

that goal was 90% of utd fans deciding that rio is finished (according to the fans I asked in the utd heartland, bewdley ;) )

hard to say yet if its a great result or a really dangerous one where people get excited and it comes back to haunt them, am I the only one who ahtes the easy / lazy stat that its the baggies 1st win at old Trafford In 36 years or something daft which sounds impressive until you realise WBA have played at OT 4 times in that time period

Edited by villa4europe

Ferdinand has lost it completely. I have thought it since 2011, but that goal confirmed it. He was a great player, but they need to replace him with a new world class centre back.

And West Brom are now in their 7th premier league season, so they have been to Old Trafford over 10 times since that last win.

Edited by Voinjama

Last time they won there before yesterday was December 30th 1978, they won 5-3!

Since then they had been to Old Trafford fifteen times (fourteen in the league, once in the cup) without winning, four draws and eleven defeats if you are wondering.  They didn't play at Old Trafford between 85/86 and 2002/03 though. 

I thought they would be screwed with not having Lukaku but Clarke is a shrewd man and has made some good signing. Signings Sunderland's best player was a real coup. They wont be an easy team to beat! Anyway they wont be worrying about relegation this season.

Last time they won there before yesterday was December 30th 1978, they won 5-3!

Since then they had been to Old Trafford fifteen times (fourteen in the league, once in the cup) without winning, four draws and eleven defeats if you are wondering.  They didn't play at Old Trafford between 85/86 and 2002/03 though. 

I'm old enough to remember that game. That was a very good west brom side. With Robson, Cunningham, Regis and bomber brown.

Â