West Bromwich Albion

R.I.C.O.

Albion needed a few visionary signings and got nothing truly game-changing. What a debacle!

The parsimony of Jeremy Peace has finally put WBA into the place of his dreams: firmly in the middle of the table -- of the Championship, that is.

If I were Steve Clarke, I'd start looking for a better job. Hard not to feel for the guy.

Edited by Shifted To Neutral

Why the hell are they buying Anichebe? He's shite.

Everyday an Albion signing then :D

In all fairness, he's got some muscle on him and is still only 25, but isn't he a bit of a sicknote?

I'd be more concerned that he's a no-score-note. I'm surprised they're not looking above him.

Am I the only one who doesn't think Lukaku is all that?

Jose by the sound of it.

Lukaku misses pen in Super Cup. Jose in Doctor Evil outfit 'we do not tolerate failure in this organisation' pulls leaver, Lukaku falls into the Hawthorns. 'Shit we don't hate you that much' Mourinho pulls other leaver, Lukaku ends up at Goodison Park. A narrow escape.

• Like 2

Why the hell are they buying Anichebe? He's shite.

Everyday an Albion signing then :D

In all fairness, he's got some muscle on him and is still only 25, but isn't he a bit of a sicknote?

I'd be more concerned that he's a no-score-note. I'm surprised they're not looking above him.

But Peace has been so clear about his un-ambitions for Albion. He's prepping to sell is my guess. He figures let the next owner, some rich airline or oil magnate from Nevermindastan,  do all the topping up.

Am I the only one who doesn't think Lukaku is all that?

In a word, yes.

33 goals in 73 appearances at Anderlecht (at ages 17 and 18).

17 goals in 35 appearances at WBA.

He's 20 now.

Mourinho seriously messed up with the loan to Everton. Eto'o and Torres ain't going to save him.

Every premier league fan overrates Lukaku except Baggies fans I think.

He will be great, but he really isn't now. Just looking at the raw goal total last year he was, but if you lookcloser yyou can deconstruct it a bit. I think three were penalties, (which any decent player can score, it's like a 75% chance) and 3 more were in the second half of the last game of the season when Man U were more interested in sir Alex's retirement. Also, he got to come into games after defenders were tired from chasing Shane long all game.

He's not at the level of a benteke type player yet, and though he will most likely be a top player in a couple years, it's doubtful he would've been better than etoo this year, or would've been a great savior for west brom.

Edited by Rovers13

Â