January 2013 Transfer Talk

maqroll

Mertens as in Dries Mertens, the guy who broke Gary Cahill's jaw (put him out of the Euros) by cowardly pushing him into Joe Hart at full speed in a friendly? The same friendly he spent half the time rolling around on the floor acting like a petulant child? I'd rather have Heskey back.

Not sure If serious. :detect:

Do not like Altidore for us. If we did bring him in, he would be a squad player because he is certainly not better than Benteke and he does not possess the skill to play in the Gabby/Weimann role.

I do not think an out and out forward is what we will be in for January. We will most likely sign CAMs and Wingers to play Gabby and Weimann's roles then rely on those two for depth at forward.

Has anyone seen/heard of Julian Draxler of Schalke.

He is a 6ft 19yr old German Midfielder.

From what I have seen of him this season he looks very creative, likes to run with the ball and create opportunities for strikers aswell as running at opponents but not in a ball greedy sense that loses possession but more of a creating a successful killer pass.

He looks very quick on the ball with excellent control and awareness for such a young age and is just what we need IMO.

This season he has played 11 games in all competitions, Scoring 5 goals, Assisting with 3 goals. He's had 33 shots at goal with 20 of them on target.

The only downfall is that they are in the champions league, he is contracted until 2016, very highly rated over there and it might take between 12-15m+ to get him but we have signed champions league players in the past so it's not totally impossible.

He would definately triple in value within the near future and from what I have seen of him and imo he would definately be worth the investment.

Does anyone else think he would be worth signing and worth the money?

From what I have seen of him this season he looks very creative, likes to run with the ball and create opportunities for strikers aswell as running at opponents but not in a ball greedy sense that loses possession but more of a creating a successful killer pass.

He looks very quick on the ball with excellent control and awareness for such a young age and is just what we need IMO.

This season he has played 11 games in all competitions, Scoring 5 goals, Assisting with 3 goals. He's had 33 shots at goal with 20 of them on target.

The only downfall is that they are in the champions league, he is contracted until 2016, very highly rated over there and it might take between 12-15m+ to get him but we have signed champions league players in the past so it's not totally impossible.

He would definately triple in value within the near future and from what I have seen of him and imo he would definately be worth the investment.

Yes. He's brilliant.

But we've got absolutely no **** chance of signing him. Nice to dream though eh....

Do you mean Julian 'the whole football world is aware of him' Draxler? As in Julian 'one of the hottest prospects in world football' Draxler?

Yeah I've heard of him, yeah he would be worth the money and no we have absolutely no chance.

I think we are weak at left back. Bennett to me seems the worst of the three, he was crap at Boro too. My mate who is a Boro fan was not keen on him while he was there. Collects a lot of cards and is quite weak, I think Lichaj and Stevens show more promise than Bennett but I dont think any of them will get as good as Lowton. A left back and a centre back are a must

I think you're going to be disappointed if you think we need a leftback in January. I would put money on it not happening.

Lambert's building a team, he saw something in Bennett, like Lowton & Westwood. When he's back from injury, I fully expect Bennett to come back into the side.

I also don't think we've seen the real Bennett at VP yet. I'll say it again, he's looked very cautious and nervous so far. We'll see more from him, I'm sure.

bennett seems to weedy to even make a presence and stop any potential threat down that wing, stevens looks better but an internationally experienced LB would be a safer choice, but as already stated, a new LB in january is certainly not going to happen

i think albrighton is still worth keeping though

can see given going and a cheaper keeper being brought in, and unfortunately mybe bent being sold with yet another lower league no name inexperienced kid being brought in on peanuts - because thats good business when were fighting relegation, but we know as a club we really should be competing for europe

If we take Keane looks like he'd play the following games -

WBA a

Newcastle h

Everton a

West ham h

Arsenal a

Man City h

I think we should go for it again

I like Keane a lot but personally I wouldn't take him this year. I'd rather work with what we've got (plus any signings) and continue to mould them into an effective unit - I think bringing someone in for just six games would disrupt this. I know it seemed to work for us last year but in the long run I don't know if helped the team for the run in. A judgement call I guess

not exactly a high achievement lol

My point was that he wasn't crap at Boro. I work up in the NE from time to time and he was in fact high regarded by Boro fans. He has also represented England at U18, U19 and U21 but because he has taken more than half a dozen games to settle into a struggling side in the most competitive league in the world he is written off by KHV as shit

• Like 2

Iv seen him play a few times last season and I thought he was good, a real talent. He started alot of games for Schalke last season and came of the bench a few times, Sadly we dont have a cat in hells chance of signing him. Playing for them this year although slightly less but they have strengthened considerably, shows they still want him.

We have recently been linked with Diouf, which i saw on here. Not a massive fan, if we were to go for a striker from Hannover for me, it should be Abdellaoue, realistic or not he would offer us something.