January 2013 Transfer Talk

maqroll

Your "hunch" is about as accurate as the rest of your info then

No, the info is accurate. There is money to spend and they know we need players and are trying to sign them..

Nobody knows how much except the board and management. Certainly not a few bullshitters on a forum having a laugh at some concerned fans expense.

No, the info is accurate. There is money to spend and they know we need players and are trying to sign them..

Nobody knows how much except the board and management. Certainly not a few bullshitters on a forum having a laugh at some concerned fans expense.

Let's wait and see then shall we

Are people dense?

Lambert was lead to beleive there was money for players - he gave a list of targets to RL / PF to do the business. After contacting various players and agents the costs are more than RL wants to spend, therefore no new signings, end of.

Lol. So Randy and Faulkner, after being in this game for years now and knowing we need players to protect a huge investment are scared off by fees all of a sudden. Bullshit.

They dont want to get rinsed, true. But they know they have to spend some money. They know they need players. And there is money to spend.

By the way, anybody using the term "end of" automatically loses all credibility and you were on dicey ground to begin with.

You cant even get your story straight. You and the boy wander. There is money to spend but they dont want to spend it/there is no money to spend. Make your minds up.

Wow, some of the vitriol on here really surprises me.

I suspect that 99.9% of posters on here love the club and are desparate to to see it get back to where we all believe it belongs. Yeah, we can disagree on what we need to do to get there, but some people seem ready to mutiny! No problems with opinions, no problems with people spreading gossip, as long as they identify it as such, but is does disturb me a bit when we start to turn on each other like this.

C'mon, group hug........

In light of these new 'revelations' re no money available, if we don't sign any players, then we're ****!

I do not understand how we can be sat in the bottom 3, and not sign anybody in the January window.

I know there is still time, but if we don't sign players and end up relegated, then I (and I'm sure a lot of others) will not spend another penny at this club until Lerner is gone.

Edited by Woody1000

Aston Villa FC@AVFCOfficial

Paul Lambert confirms Ron Vlaar is available for the West Brom clash. Richard Dunne and Darren Bent are hoping to train this morning. #AVFC

That'll learn 'em!

If Dunne can come back, does this reduce the urgency for a CD, and shoft the focus fully onto midfield?

I know there is still time, but if we don't sign players and end up relegated, then I (and I'm sure a lot of others) will not spend another penny at this club until Lerner is gone.

This is just hyperbolic rubbish though isn't it? You telling me if we are flying high at the top of the Championship and about to get promoted next year you and a lot of others wont be spending a penny at the club?

If, and i stress the word if there's no money available then Lerner is neglecting his role as custodian of our club. Surely he's not stupid enough to think we can survive with the current crop of players?

Cas - will you put your reputation and log-in on the line and quit the board if we sign somebody?

What???? I'm not 12!!! What would be the point of that?

The situation today is that despite assurances at the start of the window, PL has now been told that there is no money for decent signings.

Might that change next week? Possibly, say if PL threatened to leave (he's not done this yet) or if we had two or three bad injuries, but as things stand this morning there is no money for signings

Aston Villa FC@AVFCOfficial

Paul Lambert confirms Ron Vlaar is available for the West Brom clash. Richard Dunne and Darren Bent are hoping to train this morning. #AVFC

That'll learn 'em!

If Dunne can come back, does this reduce the urgency for a CD, and shoft the focus fully onto midfield?

We still need a CB

Especially with the injury records of both players

If either of them pick up a niggle or injury and we go back to Clark and Baker were ****

This is just hyperbolic rubbish though isn't it? You telling me if we are flying high at the top of the Championship and about to get promoted next year you and a lot of others wont be spending a penny at the club?

Take a look around mate. The attendances at VP are pretty much just season ticket holders, people aren't spending already.

We are the most fickle fans around. If we drop it will kill this club.

Lol. So Randy and Faulkner, after being in this game for years now and knowing we need players to protect a huge investment are scared off by fees all of a sudden. Bullshit.

They dont want to get rinsed, true. But they know they have to spend some money. They know they need players. And there is money to spend.

By the way, anybody using the term "end of" automatically loses all credibility and you were on dicey ground to begin with.

You cant even get your story straight. You and the boy wander. There is money to spend but they dont want to spend it/there is no money to spend. Make your minds up.

You sound a lovely bloke

Let's wait and see what happens shall we

What???? I'm not 12!!! What would be the point of that?

The situation today is that despite assurances at the start of the window, PL has now been told that there is no money for decent signings.

Might that change next week? Possibly, say if PL threatened to leave (he's not done this yet) or if we had two or three bad injuries, but as things stand this morning there is no money for signings

That's what I thought - you obviously are full of it.

I am a lovely bloke. I just find your fantasy scoops hilarious, duplicitous and more than a little dubious.

Sorry if I'm spoiling your fun.

But just to be clear, what is your story: no money? or money but no desire to spend it?

Yes, lets wait and see if by some strange twist of reality, you know what Randy Lerner is telling Lambert on a daily basis.

I suppose he can always "change his mind" right?

O.K mate, have a nice day.

Take a look around mate. The attendances at VP are pretty much just season ticket holders, people aren't spending already.

We are the most fickle fans around. If we drop it will kill this club.

I can see that. We are shite at the moment and it is very frustrating. But I just get a bit irritated by melodramatic sweeping statements which are plainly not true.

Chinny reckon.

Credibility lost there, chief. Anyone with even a rudimentary understanding of The Mary Whitehouse Experience knows it is Chinny Rack On. If you can't get that right, how can we trust anything else you say? ;)

Edited by choffer