January 2013 Transfer Talk

maqroll

The context of those quotes from Taylor was not that there was no money but more that he couldn't see Lerner financially backing a push for the top 4 again to the extent that he did with O'Neill, hence a drop off in investment.

The actual quote is:

" Simply, this isn’t the Aston Villa

of four or five years ago. Randy Lerner has

financed it once, but it doesn’t look like he is

able to do that again."

James Chester

Harry Maguire

Liam Trotter

Harry Forrester

NRC

Dale Stephens

them players above have championship all over them, well be sucked down quicker than a spider in the bath

we are in need of 5 first team, starting 11 players, 2 CBs, LB, DM and AM, lerner needs to finance what ever needs to be needed to fund this and keep us up, after that, then he can budget, selling off the deadwood will not keep us up, mainly because nobody wants them or if they do, they wont give us alot for them

Edited by AndyBM

think its more a case of randy not wanting to part with money for pl

Yeah I agree but if that's the case why is there reports in various papers stating he will be backing the manager to beat the drop?

Like this one for example http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2261891/Aston-Villa-transfer-latest-Randy-Lerner-ready-invest.html

if lerner cant trust PL with money to buy the appropriate players the he should of signed a manager he can trust

but saying that... he probably did trust PL at first until the last window were he signed bennett, bowery and el ahmadi!!

I think as has been said it is a case of the players not wanting to come here, we are unsettled, confidence is rock bottom, we look like we may be relegated, the manager may be replaced, if you were an agent would you recommend you're client to come here. the only players who want to come here are players who would genuinely see us as a step up even if relegated or players after a big wedge thrown at them at the wrong end of their careers, this is why it is hard to buy in January. QPR and Southampton can do it as QPR look like a team about to go places with the right additions and Southampton are pretty settled. We need to look at the bigger picture and realise that in the real world there are many reasons why players are hard to obtain, an example being DB9, look at what we had to pay both transfer fee and wages to get him here.

Mmmmmmmmmmm, you would think so wouldn't you. Who gets the blame though if no players come in the owner or the manager?

Without doubt THE OWNER

PL has identified his targets - it's up to PF to do the deals. If we don't end up with two or three of PL's top targets I wouldn't blame him if he walked (although I hope he doesn't as he is the only chance we've got)

PL didn't get his top targets in the summer (by a long way) and its not looking hopeful now

James Nursey@JamesNursey

#BCFC still struggling to shift Butland for big-money. But been assured if he stays this month, then club WON'T go into admin despite fears

I know we aren't that sort of club anymore, but I would love to think we could put in a bid for this guy. If they need the cash, £2m or £3m may do it, and he would surely earn a lot less than Given and is clearly one for the future.

The issues would be - would he come? would be displace Brad? would they sell to us? do we want to save them? we have more pressing needs.

Probably a non-starter then. Not sure why I bothered!

James Nursey@JamesNursey

#BCFC still struggling to shift Butland for big-money. But been assured if he stays this month, then club WON'T go into admin despite fears

I know we aren't that sort of club anymore, but I would love to think we could put in a bid for this guy. If they need the cash, £2m or £3m may do it, and he would surely earn a lot less than Given and is clearly one for the future.

The issues would be - would he come? would be displace Brad? would they sell to us? do we want to save them? we have more pressing needs.

Probably a non-starter then. Not sure why I bothered!

Goalkeeper is the last thing we need we have higher priorities imo

There is no "budget"

PL has given a list to RL/PF and is waiting on them doing the deal - if there are no signings some **** plum will come on here and say "why didn't Lambert sign a CB/CM in the window?" or "Why did Lambert waste £x on so and so from League 1 when he knew that we needed quality / experience?"

Lerner and Faulkner can **** off from my club

Goalkeeper is the last thing we need we have higher priorities imo

I know.

This sums up the difference between where the club is and where it should be.

January is the time to make shrewd additions, and picking up a highly talented young keeper on the cheap fits the bill perfectly (esp. as it would piss off the scum). The fact that we have so many other priorities and so little money.... makes me want to have a little cry :rant:

I doubt you do. Enough money to buy a new player from the conference or enough money to buy a player who can improve the team? In fact, I know you are wrong!

Sorry mate but I think you're full of shit.

I'm not in the know nor do I care who believes me but I know somebody who certainly is and has been for quite some time who I trust more than you.

We'll see. But there is definitely money to spend.

Butland is the exact opposite of what we need to be spending money on right now. We've got a really good GK in Guzan and a good option in Given, with Siegrist looking promising and coming through the ranks. Spending even 2mil on Butland would be a waste of money when it can be used in other areas that badly need addressing.

I think the difference with Lambert is that he wants to sign who he wants to sign and isn't settling for crappy players - which is a good thing generally but not helping the nerves of the majority of the fanbase.

a couple of weeks ago, it was £20m for this window, a couple of days ago, it was £10m, and now its nothing? despite our owner being a multi-billionaire hes not even prepared to save his own company from ruin?

im speechless

What I'm telling you is there won't be any signings - not unless the owner was to change his mind (again!) How does that make me wrong? It's nothing to do with trusting the manager but just not putting the money in!

29 December 2012 - 11:49 PM My tip is for 4 new players to arrive - one being a defender! Possible cup final to look forward to as well. Eventually, we'll start to climb the table. Swansea is going to be another tough one as none of the injured players are back but once some of them are, and a few new faces on board as well, an improvement in results will follow.

30 December 2012 - 06:58 PM As for players coming in, I don't think they'll not be arriving from other English clubs but from abroad. Better value for money. More of a risk I suppose but if the money isn't there for deals in England what can the manager do? What I'm struggled to understand is why is it the manager's fault that the club aren't spending big?? But I do think there will be a few new faces in Jan that are a lot better than what is there

01 January 2013 - 12:25 PM

Ok, so I don't expect you to simply take my word for it. Wait until the end of the window. The players will be from abroad. They won't be mega expensive but probably still very good footballers. A defender is the priority. So is a physical midfield player.

^^ As I said, either your insight ain't that insightful or you're just as I said, full of shit.

Of course the backtracking has started "Lerner has changed his mind (again!)" - which in terms of credibility as up their with "the dog at my homework"

No further questions.

Edited by Eames
  • Like 1