January 2013 Transfer Talk

maqroll

What i dont get is why did Lambert come to Villa? The board obviously had to sell it to him with regards promise of ambition/money to rebuild a squad after last years debacle.

Has to cash there for a couple of big signings. And im not talking about Dale Stevens either.

Darren Bent, Ireland, Given, Gabby + £20m to spend, & a top academy. My guess he was taken in by that - But didn't realise most of our senior pro's are crap & the youth ain't great either - he didn't look deeply enough.

What i dont get is why did Lambert come to Villa? The board obviously had to sell it to him with regards promise of ambition/money to rebuild a squad after last years debacle.

Has to cash there for a couple of big signings. And im not talking about Dale Stevens either.

I think you're clutching at straws there. Big signings= big wages which isn't goping to happen - and no establish pro who is worth having is going to blight his CV with a relegation at Villa Park only to clear off again in 6 months time.

On Lambert - he is hugely ambitious... and I don't care what any yokel from Norfolk says we are a far far bigger, more prestigious club than Norwich. Thats why Lambert is here to make an impression that will lead to bigger and better things nothing else **. He has consistantly done it throughout his career - taken the bigger job when it was offered. He will not be the manager of Aston Villa in 3 years time.

**Clearly its not exactly going to plan right now but thats the general idea.

I think you're clutching at straws there. Big signings= big wages which isn't goping to happen - and no establish pro who is worth having is going to blight his CV with a relegation at Villa Park only to clear off again in 6 months time.

On Lambert - he is hugely ambitious... and I don't care what any yokel from Norfolk says we are a far far bigger, more prestigious club than Norwich. Thats why Lambert is here to make an impression that will lead to bigger and better things nothing else **. He has consistantly done it throughout his career - taken the bigger job when it was offered. He will not be the manager of Aston Villa in 3 years time.

**Clearly its not exactly going to plan right now but thats the general idea.

3 Years ? - Not inceivable he only has 4 days ?

Issue is that isnt enough, we now need Southampton, and other teams, to have loads more reality checks while we win two or three games on the trot and then continue that form.

not saying it wont happen or we are down, just poitning out it is no longer in our own hands and we need other teams to slip up once or twice whilst we do not.

Exactly, we have not shown any signs recently of ending this extremely poor run that we have been on over the Christmas period, and the longer it goes on the deeper in trouble we are going to be especially as we have been giving the teams around us three points. Of all the teams in the bottom five, all of them bar us seem to be showing signs of fight and picking up points. It is going to take a monumental turn around to get our season going, it looks like the players are shell shocked and don't have the knowhow or fight to turn it around. Even with a couple of signings you have to wonder whether the damage is already done.

A couple of midfielders is a minimum requirement. One to offer some protection to the back four and improve ball retention, and another that can offer some creativity and importantly goals from midfield. Our return of goals from midfield is embarrasing with only Holman looking a threat to the score sheet. Goals from around the team would ease the pressure on Benteke and Weimann, who must feel that if they don't score then Villa don't score. An extra defender would also be nice, someone who can calm the back four down and mean we can rest the likes of Baker and Clark.

Darren Bent, Ireland, Given, Gabby + £20m to spend, & a top academy. My guess he was taken in by that - But didn't realise most of our senior pro's are crap & the youth ain't great either - he didn't look deeply enough.

I suppose you put a wage rise and the better facilities we have on top of that and it could be understandable...

Lambert won't get sacked on the basis of results unless we are looking doomed for League 1. I don't actually blame him that much for our current predicament.

I have far more respect for managers who deliever results on a tiny budget than I do for the Mourinho's/Benitez's of this world who jet about spending a **** ton of cash.

In fact.... Moyes>Mourinho.

• Like 1

Im not so sure, he would have seen we only finished a point above the relegation zone last year. Dont think he is that stupid.

Reason why we did stay up was becasue of Bents goals in first half of season, then he got injured and it all went pear shaped. He prob thought he was fit again and everything would be good and hence making him captain. Didnt bank on him being a c0ck though i suspect.

Incidentally i think the only way out of this mess is to start playing Bent again, even though i really dislike him for what he is.

hellno.jpg

This is very OT so I will be brief.

Mourinho has always had money and always managed one of the top clubs in the division. Porto, Chelsea, Inter, Real Madrid.

In that time Moyes has consitently over achieved with a club who have hardly got a pot to piss in.

Mourinho would not be able to replicate Moyes achievements with Everton. There are several managers that could do what Jose has done given the money and the position of the club when he took control.

Issue is that isnt enough, we now need Southampton, and other teams, to have loads more reality checks while we win two or three games on the trot and then continue that form.

not saying it wont happen or we are down, just poitning out it is no longer in our own hands and we need other teams to slip up once or twice whilst we do not.

I still believe we've had our bad luck and other teams are due there share

No but 1-0 to Southampton was bad luck. Losing that game was bad luck, not winning it was poor finishing.

So they have had good luck ? We got battered at their place 4-1 and they have been decent so far in the prem this season for a side that has not been up in yearsss.

This isn't unlucky it's something turning from inconsistency at the start of the season to not getting any results at this point in the season.

No but 1-0 to Southampton was bad luck. Losing that game was bad luck, not winning it was poor finishing.

No, we lost because we were not good enough.