January 2013 Transfer Talk

maqroll

I have to say if we bring back players like Curtis Davies we are well and truly screwed. He looked good for us when he played with Laursen, enough said. A Championship grade player who looks, well.......good in the Championship.

I still can't believe we flogged Cahill for £5.5m and then spent £10m on Davies, no wonder we are in this mess.

I know where your coming from. But Curtis Davis would be an improvement on our current CB pairing. - not one for the future I know - but given how little it would cost us, i wouldn't be against it.

People need to forget about QPR signing these players, they can out spend us, they're doing what we did a few years ago and throwing stupid money at over priced players.

It's a floored business model and can't last... We're in the shit we are now because of that kind of transfer policy.

Aparantly lots of clubs working on a deal with Forren today, he's aparantly at a "trial" in Liverpool but the journos reckon that's just a smoke screen. You don't trial someone you've scouted all season. Hoping one of those clubs behind the scenes is Villa.

Take this with a pinch of salt as im not itk but I was just told by someone who was working at a bupa hospital in brum last week that we had French player there last week that failed a medical

I know where your coming from. But Curtis Davis would be an improvement on our current CB pairing. - not one for the future I know - but given how little it would cost us, i wouldn't be against it.

I agree, if we consistently replace what we have with something better we won't go far wrong. Curtis represents better than what we have so for that reason I'd be ok with it.

Take this with a pinch of salt as im not itk but I was just told by someone who was working at a bupa hospital in brum last week that we had French player there last week that failed a medical

You don't actually fail medicals.

The results of the medical are then taken into account when negiotating the t+c's\ fee (from someone who does scans on footballers for villa + WBA)

You don't actually fail medicals.

The results of the medical are then taken into account when negiotating the t+c's\ fee (from someone who does scans on footballers for villa + WBA)

Demba Ba disagrees.

No disrespect meant to the Championship, but isn't buying from the lower leagues what has gone us into this mess?

No it was buying over priced premier league players and giving them massive money and limited game time, selling what good players we had and replacing them with lazy money grabbers. Look at the players who have played in The Championship or lower, Hart, Walker, Naughton, Lescott, Smalling, Jenkinson, Jagielka, Baines, Bale, Chamberlain, Walcott, Bent. Thats not even mentioning the lads who have come up with the likes of Swansea, Norwich, West Ham etc.

never know if kendrick is reporting it. he's as reliable as a journalist gets

Old news...We enquired about Sissoko last week, £3.5m fee and £75k a week - we are not following up on him.............Sunderland are apparently favs to sign him!

No it was buying over priced premier league players and giving them massive money and limited game time, selling what good players we had and replacing them with lazy money grabbers. Look at the players who have played in The Championship or lower, Hart, Walker, Naughton, Lescott, Smalling, Jenkinson, Jagielka, Baines, Bale, Chamberlain, Walcott, Bent. Thats not even mentioning the lads who have come up with the likes of Swansea, Norwich, West Ham etc.

There is a happy medium though isn't there. It is very rare if not unknown that you would build a team, whilst still in the Premier League, made up solely of signing lower league players,your own academy players and players from abroad. You look at the team that started on Saturday and aside from NZogbia I doubt any of the other players had started more than 40 Premier League games and most of them much less.

We desperately need 2 or 3 players to come in to this side who have proved they can perform at this level to help these young/inexperienced players out as they look lost at the moment. We are not far off from being a decent side and had we have already signed during this window a proven at this level defensive centre midfielder and centre back I'm confident we'd already be 3 points better off. I really hope we don't make the same mistake again and let this week pass without making a couple of signings. Our needs is now as urgent as it could possibly be.

Edited by markavfc40

Aparantly lots of clubs working on a deal with Forren today, he's aparantly at a "trial" in Liverpool but the journos reckon that's just a smoke screen. You don't trial someone you've scouted all season. Hoping one of those clubs behind the scenes is Villa.

going to southampton by the looks of it

Old news...We enquired about Sissoko last week, £3.5m fee and £75k a week - we are not following up on him.............Sunderland are apparently favs to sign him!

where you see/hear that? SHITS me that MON suddenly signing good players

There is a happy medium though isn't there. It is very rare if not unknown that you would build a team, whilst still in the Premier League, made up solely of signing lower league players,your own academy players and players from abroad. You look at the team that started on Saturday and aside from NZogbia I doubt any of the other players had started more than 40 Premier League games and most of them much less.

We desperately need 2 or 3 players to come in to this side who have proved they can perform at this level to help these young/inexperienced players out as they look lost at the moment. We are not far off from being a decent side and had we have already signed during this window a proven at this level defensive centre midfielder and centre back I'm confident we'd already be 3 points better off. I really hope we don't make the same mistake again and let this week pass without making a couple of signings. Our needs is now as urgent as it could possibly be.

I absolutely agree with this - let's hope that PF can find a way to bring in some of the targets PL has identified

where you see/hear that? SHITS me that MON suddenly signing good players

Situation LAST WEEK was we enquired and were told £3.5m and £75k a week - 4 or 5 other clubs interested. Sunderland appearred most likely to bite. Obviously could change this week after S'ton results but personally I'd be surprised