January 2013 Transfer Talk

maqroll

I'd say at this current moment.

We are the worst defensive team in the league.

We are the worst attacking team in the league.

We play the worst football in the league.

We are the weakest (mental and physical) team in the league.

Apart from that its all good.

St Etienne striker Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang has confirmed he will leave the club - but not until the summer. So we can forget about him.. article on l'equipe.fr if anyone is really that interested.

Edited by Didiersix

I don't understand the disappointment of the last week or so. It was the first seven days we needed players in for the important Bradford, Southamption and if possible Wigan games. We missed that and lost all three - losing to Wigan and Southampton has all but condemned up to relegation so there is simply no point in signing anyone.

Save the money and hope a slice of it is available to improve it for a promotion challenge.

• Like 1

I've seen in a few places that if Everton are to lose Fellaini to Chelsea or someone else, they have Toulouse's Etienne Capoue lined up to replace him. If we were wise at all, we would try and get Capoue. He is 100% what we need. The ultimate CDM really and IMo, way better than Sissoko.

I've seen in a few places that if Everton are to lose Fellaini to Chelsea or someone else, they have Toulouse's Etienne Capoue lined up to replace him. If we were wise at all, we would try and get Capoue. He is 100% what we need. The ultimate CDM really and IMo, way better than Sissoko.

Do they both play in the centre of midfield together? If so a comparison of their stats would suggest you are right and that Capoue is the better of the two. Oh hell, sign them both!

Do they both play in the centre of midfield together? If so a comparison of their stats would suggest you are right and that Capoue is the better of the two. Oh hell, sign them both!

From what ive read Sissoko was the DM but the coach moved him forward made him more advanced box to box to accommodate the emergence of Capoue in the side

Yeah. Like Ash said, Sissoko is more box to box though, while Capoue sits back more so and operates as the destroyer, and he is bloody good at it!

I don't understand the disappointment of the last week or so. It was the first seven days we needed players in for the important Bradford, Southamption and if possible Wigan games. We missed that and lost all three - losing to Wigan and Southampton has all but condemned up to relegation so there is simply no point in signing anyone.

Save the money and hope a slice of it is available to improve it for a promotion challenge.

With 16 games left you want to throw the towel in when we only just dipped into the bottom three even after our recent form ?

A lot can change in a few games. This has to be the most negative post i've ever seen on this site.....and that takes some doing !

• Like 1

It was impossible before Wigan as it is the January Transfer window...We played Wigan in December.

Although I do agree with you we still should have enough to beat Bradford (anywhere) and Southampton at home

With 16 games left you want to throw the towel in when we only just dipped into the bottom three even after our recent form ?

A lot can change in a few games. This has to be the most negative post i've ever seen on this site.....and that takes some doing !

And although going OT I agree with this. Sunderland are looking safe according to some people yet are only two wins above us? We have been poor but whilst missing key experienced players all over the pitch if we get them back and add another two from the experienced bracket (from home or abroad) I think we will be safe

Curtis Davies 70 app 9 goals for Birmingham in the Championship

Jordan Bowery 83 app 11 goals for Chesterfield in the Npower League 2

(League appearances) .....interesting

Also, I'd love to see Van Bommel at VP? tall, good at tackling and a leader, very experienced too :)

And although going OT I agree with this. Sunderland are looking safe according to some people yet are only two wins above us? We have been poor but whilst missing key experienced players all over the pitch if we get them back and add another two from the experienced bracket (from home or abroad) I think we will be safe

Were only 30 odd points behind United as well i think we can catch them

I'd say at this current moment.

We are the worst defensive team in the league.

We are the worst attacking team in the league.

We play the worst football in the league.

We are the weakest (mental and physical) team in the league.

Apart from that its all good.

While I dont disgaree with much of this - I think 2 decent cm instead of the dross we are using and the four points you put forward are dramatically improved for me.

Thats where the main problem lies - Not with Bennett, not with Benteke missing. The 2 cm who have been horse shit all season. Cant keep the ball, cant protect, cant create. Westwood, Delph, Bannan and KEA are all guilty of it.