January 2013 Transfer Talk

maqroll

Leerdam is going to my local club Vitesse!

He is rubbish anyway. Good news for Villa that.

Young winger Jeroen Lumu who was linked to Villa two days ago on Skysports has gone on trial at Anderlecht now. They are maybe going to swap him with one of the Anderlecht players (Molins) who has gone on trial with Willem II.

Can anyone remember if kkfootball was reputable in the summer over transfer dealings at Villa Park?

He probably wasn't, but he's re-opened his account and has had this to say.....

BS ALERT:

kkfootball@kkfootball1

Ball is in Lambert's court on signings. Lerner will pay a large amount if it is a player Lambert desperately wants. Lerner IS backing. #avfc

kkfootball@kkfootball1

Wages are an issue but if It is a player Lambert feels is a must, Lerner will pay them. Transfer fee is no problem. #avfc

Can anyone remember if kkfootball was reputable in the summer over transfer dealings at Villa Park?

He probably wasn't, but he's re-opened his account and has had this to say.....

BS ALERT:

kkfootball@kkfootball1

Ball is in Lambert's court on signings. Lerner will pay a large amount if it is a player Lambert desperately wants. Lerner IS backing. #avfc

kkfootball@kkfootball1

Wages are an issue but if It is a player Lambert feels is a must, Lerner will pay them. Transfer fee is no problem. #avfc

KKfootball is full of shit.

The second tweet is contradictory in itself. "Wages are a problem but not if Lambert asks really nicely"

What a load of bollocks.

I doubt it

I agree if anything Lerner is stubborn i very much doubt he will change his stance

It looks like he appointed the perfect stubborn manager as well i do not see him changing his philosophy in regards to signing young lower league players any time soon

Edited by AshVilla

Take this with a pinch of salt as im not itk but I was just told by someone who was working at a bupa hospital in brum last week that we had French player there last week that failed a medical

Benzema ?

Michael Johson anyone?

From guardian.co.uk:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/jan/15/michael-johnson-released-manchester-city

Michael Johnson, once tipped as an England international and one of the best young players to emerge through Manchester City's academy in the past decade, has been paid off from his contract after the club finally ran out of patience with him.

Johnson, convicted of two drink-driving offences last September, was offered a severance package from his £40,000-a-week contract just before Christmas, after several years of decline. The club decided not to announced it publicly but it has come to light now after a photograph of the 24-year-old appeared on the internet looking bloated and unfit.

Once the subject of a £10m bid from Liverpool, the former England youth international has suffered a series of injury problems but he also caused considerable disquiet behind the scenes because of his attitude towards being a professional footballer and, specifically, his fondness for a night out.

His last appearance for the club was as a second-half substitute in a Carling Cup tie against Scunthorpe in October 2009. Sven-Goran Eriksson once said he would not swap Johnson even for Steven Gerrard but the days when he was described as "the new Colin Bell", breaking into City's first team at the age of 18, were short-lived.

Roberto Mancini and his predecessor, Mark Hughes, both concluded that Johnson did not have the personality to play football at the highest level. At one point City were so embarrassed by his unkempt state in his pen-pic club sources say the photographer was asked to come back to take it again.

Johnson was moved to Leicester City two years ago, on a season-long loan that cost the Championship club £1m, but was signed off, then sent back, at the midway point.

After that, almost nothing had been heard of him until he crashed his car, over the drink-drive limit, in Manchester last May. It was one of two occasions when he has been arrested for drink-driving in the space of three months, leading to a £5,500 fine and three-year driving ban.

Edited by Didiersix

Except we're not actually that shit. Am I the only one that can see that?

In an alternative universe we'd have battered Southampton last weekend. Sometimes when you're down you're down and the chips don't fall for you.

We're not the worst side in the league and we're far from the worst Villa side I've seen. I think we've a good chance of going down because our luck is in, injuries have decimated us and our confidence has been shattered as a result at the worst possible time.

There is talent in this squad and I'm confident they'll make a good show of it going forward. I just hope it's not too late.

We need signings though, absolutely no question about that. My fingers are crossed.

In my parallel universe Villa have just won the Premier League and the Champions League and I am bedding Eva Longoria. All are extremely unlikely to happen in our universe. In fact I rate my chances with Eva higher than Villa's :)

I love your optimism but we are complete and utter shite at the moment and pretty much the laughing stock of football. Back on topic the only solution is for the club to sign 2-3 good experienced players to drag us out of this mess.

Over to you Lambert and Lerner.

Michael Johnson would probably be the worst possible player we could sign really. He is finished; when you stop developing when you are in the earliest part of your promising career - you just fade away and become extremely mediocre. As for Johnson, I would say he would struggle to even play in the Championship let alone the Premier League the next 10 years.

Look at Delph, he got a major injury and never became the player he could have been. Michael Johnson's demise is all because of himself of course, mixed up with a few injuries on the way.

Over the last 10 games Newcastle and Reading are the worst teams with 7 points then Wigan and West Ham with 8. Fulham have 9 pts.We are with, QPR and WBA on 10 points

So technically were not the worst,but when i watch them they look like they are,how many goals have those teams conceded compared to us?

So technically were not the worst,but when i watch them they look like they are,how many goals have those teams conceded compared to us?

Well it depends how you look at it.

If you look at the form guide for the last 5 matches we have the worst in the league, and that includes matches against relegation battlers so it seems like we are in a downward spiral.

Well it depends how you look at it.

If you look at the form guide for the last 5 matches we have the worst in the league, and that includes matches against relegation battlers so it seems like we are in a downward spiral.

Indeed.

Though you look at our form before that, stretching back to the home tie with Norwich in October and we were seemingly on an upward trajectory.

The truth is somewhere in the middle. Thankfully the injury crisis is easing, we may see this middle ground again.