January 2013 Transfer Talk

maqroll

Surely NRC on a six month contract, with an extra year option in the clubs favour of we stay up, is a good deal for all parties. He comes, puts himself back in the shop window for Madrid/Milan/etc and helps us out, and if we stay up we can sell him off/keep him on at our leisure?

Of course this assumes he still harbours dreams of playing for the huge European clubs...;-)

I wish we'd get him back, him and Westwood would be great in the middle for us

Great at what exactly? Tippy tippy side to side football between each other?

Don't get me wrong I like Westwood, he has a lot of potential. He's a good reader of the game, gets around and he can pick and weight a pass.... But he's hardly a bastion of strength. Teams waltz through our midfield at the minute because whoever he is paired with at the present time doesn't offer him and the players like him used in his absence any protection.

Delph played well on Saturday, despite the error leading up to the penalty. But again frankly, they're just too similar. Makoun, as well as making a **** mockery of this club and whom I wouldn't piss on if his fancy jumper caught fire, is not the answer to that.

You can't believe that, you just can't. You're not that naive?

If getting rid of Ireland and Bent means that we can get good quality CB, DM and AM then I am all for it.

I said this before and still think this should be the plan. No matter what happen,s neither Ireland nor Bent have long term futures at the club and the manager does not seem to fancy either. Mind as well take the gamble and sell them off, as that frees up a very large portion of the wage budget and would also bring in funds for better quality players. No brainer IMO.

Edited by LockStockVilla

Some of the names being touted around in the last few pages of this thread is just pure delusional.

Karl Hendry, Reo Coker, JOEY **** BARTON :rant:, Steve Sidwell - A player who we couldn't wait to get rid of for donkeys and all of a sudden he is judged to be better than what we have and if he is seen as our saviour then then the problems of this club must be even worse than what we think!!

**** it why don't we also go after Titus Bramble, Curtis Davies, Carlton Cole.. **** it why not give Lee Hendrie a call.

Also the calls to bring back Makoun, Warnock & Hutton are just as bad.

As for Ireland possibly about to leave it is either going to be Fulham, West Ham or QPR if it is a London club but for me it can't come quick enough until this useless bastard is out of this club.

**** knows who signed him or wanted him but he has offered absolutely piss all to this football club.

• Like 1

For the love of god I hope we could get a Strong Dm and a CB.... that's the least we need tbh!

I don't know why we don't go for Diame if not him then any of Sissoko (Maybe high wage demands), N'Koulou, Isaac Vorsah, Nainggolan Someone of that ilk, if we don't then we are lacking massively.... a Centre half like Scott Dann, Ecuele-Manga, Mateo Mussacchio (Still at relegated Villarreal), Dirk marcellis or Lamine Sane (can play Dm)... I know I'm running names off but something NEEDS to be done and it's a scary thought that we may not get anyone... if it comes to that then Lerner is useless

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2261891/Aston-Villa-transfer-latest-Randy-Lerner-ready-invest.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

I heard rumours the other day that RL has said to PL that there is money to spend and buy who you need However PL in his conference played down the money. Probably in order to ensure selling clubs dont inflate prices Anways rumours were the board were not happy as it was making them look bad. Maybe they've leaked the above story?

Conspiracy theories aside...i really hope this is the case.

• Like 1

I said this before and still think this should be the plan. No matter what happen,s neither Ireland nor Bent have long term futures at the club and the manager does not seem to fancy either. Mind as well take the gamble and sell them off, as that frees up a very large portion of the wage budget and would also bring in funds for better quality players. No brainer IMO.

God knows how much Bent is on, people say 80-90k but i think its alot more considering how much money we flushed down the toilet on him anyway. Lambert could bring in 3-4 good young players in thats wages would amount to the same as Bent & Ireland's.

God knows how much Bent is on, people say 80-90k but i think its alot more considering how much money we flushed down the toilet on him anyway. Lambert could bring in 3-4 good young players in thats wages would amount to the same as Bent & Ireland's.

Well say for example Bent is on 65k and Ireland is as well (although a lot seem to say Ireland is 75k, I have no clue tbh). 130k in wages to play with is a heck of alot and using just half that could get us at least two decent players.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/aston-villa/9799055/Aston-Villa-manager-Paul-Lambert-to-be-handed-funds-to-avoid-relegation-fight-following-defeat-to-Southampton.html

So no loans ...seems Randy still holding a grudge after what happened with Jenas

I am glad to see they are willing to invest ...however I have my doubts on Lambert I know the squad isn't great but still there have been 2 decent results from him.The rest have been poor.

im 100% against selling Darren Bent.

He saved us once and he will do it again. He must start in place of Benteke at the moment. Benteke hasnt played well since Liverpool. Hes young and theres alot of pressure on him to score to keep us up. Hes 22. Alot on a guy who cant speak english who hasnt settled in the Premier League fully yet.

Bent as soon as hes fit should be automatic number 1.

Id sell Ireland, Hutton, Warnockand Dunne to clear the wage bill and pay Diame 70k if hes after it. Hes proven in the Premier League. Exactly what we need. We would need to replace Dunne with a quality CB. No idea who but i am sure we have scouted a few decent players.

-----------------Guzan-------------------

Lowton----Vlaar---NEWCB----Baker

-----------------Diame------------------- (Sissoko would be a dream signing)

--------Westwood-----Holman--------

Wiemann-----------------Agbonlahor

-------------------Bent--------------------

If we somehow manage to sign Stephens or a Coutinho type player he would replace Holman. Ideally someone who can take set pieces.

Edited by KSV
  • Like 1

For the love of god I hope we could get a Strong Dm and a CB.... that's the least we need tbh!

I don't know why we don't go for Diame if not him then any of Sissoko (Maybe high wage demands), N'Koulou, Isaac Vorsah, Nainggolan Someone of that ilk, if we don't then we are lacking massively.... a Centre half like Scott Dann, Ecuele-Manga, Mateo Mussacchio (Still at relegated Villarreal), Dirk marcellis or Lamine Sane (can play Dm)... I know I'm running names off but something NEEDS to be done and it's a scary thought that we may not get anyone... if it comes to that then Lerner is useless

Diame would demand high wages to join us with the position we're in. Lambert doesnt do high wagers his said it hundreds of times in interviews, plus Diame is injury prone. If Lambert wanted him then he would of got him before west ham did for free.

Lambert said in an interview he wont start negotiations for players until after the bradford games out of the way, i didn't realise that he obviously meant after we've played the 2nd leg. All of the players that we've been linked too so far by newspapers are probably just players his enquired about.