January 2013 Transfer Talk

maqroll

Remy, 26, will arrive at St James’ Park on a long-term, £40,000-a-week deal after Newcastle headed off interest from QPR and German champions Borussia Dortmund.

Amazing what we pay for some players at this football club.

Some of the comments that I read on this website never cease to amaze me!

Nigel Reo Coker and Karl Henry!?! Really? Seriously? I know that we are in the shit and are in desperate need of reinforcements but these are the players that people would like us to sign? These are the players who are going to improve the team and help steer us away from the relegation zone? Reality check... NO, they are not!!!

While I am obviously not expecting any superstar signings, believe it or not we are still capable of signing players who are much better than Karl Henry!!!

Besides, Karl Henry is like Delph but worse. Henry is always a red card waiting to happen! We are useless with eleven players, nevermind ten! Karl Henry is most certainly not the answer to our midfield problems!

Could be more rubbish but there's still hope...

Football_Consultant1

@Football_Consu1

Ok. So I have been informed that one deal is ready to be concluded for Aston Villa. Things are happening. Back tomorrow.

Football_Consultant1

@Football_Consu1

Lambert likes the versatility Cavanda brings.He wants options.Also hearing that a commanding CB from the Championship is on the radar. #avfc

Edited by Ghost

Some of the names being touted around in the last few pages of this thread is just pure delusional.

Karl Hendry, Reo Coker, JOEY **** BARTON :rant:, Steve Sidwell - A player who we couldn't wait to get rid of for donkeys and all of a sudden he is judged to be better than what we have and if he is seen as our saviour then then the problems of this club must be even worse than what we think!!

**** it why don't we also go after Titus Bramble, Curtis Davies, Carlton Cole.. **** it why not give Lee Hendrie a call.

Also the calls to bring back Makoun, Warnock & Hutton are just as bad.

As for Ireland possibly about to leave it is either going to be Fulham, West Ham or QPR if it is a London club but for me it can't come quick enough until this useless bastard is out of this club.

**** knows who signed him or wanted him but he has offered absolutely piss all to this football club.

Bloody too right!!

And just to confirm Curtis Davies was touted by someone not that long ago????

No one could be such a stubborn idiot as to think that we can't get out of this position with a couple of asute loans or buys!! For a professionally run business we are awful!!

What we don't need is a load more Bent/Ireland/Makoun type players who have no desire or professional integrety to give their best each week for the club that pays them so that they can live their ridiculously over the top lifestyles.

• Like 1

http://www.dailymail...o=feeds-newsxml

I heard rumours the other day that RL has said to PL that there is money to spend and buy who you need However PL in his conference played down the money. Probably in order to ensure selling clubs dont inflate prices Anways rumours were the board were not happy as it was making them look bad. Maybe they've leaked the above story?

Conspiracy theories aside...i really hope this is the case.

If true that someone from Villa has leaked that, Lambert will be livid. Thanks to that every club we're gonna buy players from just upped their asking prices by 1-2 million.

The only way to get rid of Ireland is if a MLS club comes in for him. There is no club in England stupid enough to buy him. Bent I think we could sell in England no problem, but Ireland no way.

Redknob and QPR just might be stupid enough to pay his salary.

tbh, ireland is probably our most experienced (playing) midfielder at the moment, and although i want him to get back to his best, it clearly isnt going to happen here, footballers always seem to improve once they left us and gone to a new club

well if another club is interested, we should sell, but not on the cheap, providing with the money we can put it towards another CB or a DM

can we just raid blackburn for dann, olsson and nzonzi?

Could be more rubbish but there's still hope...

Football_Consultant1

@Football_Consu1

Ok. So I have been informed that one deal is ready to be concluded for Aston Villa. Things are happening. Back tomorrow.

Football_Consultant1

@Football_Consu1

Lambert likes the versatility Cavanda brings.He wants options.Also hearing that a commanding CB from the Championship is on the radar. #avfc

Most likely rubbish but getting a rumour around here is like getting an erection around Margaret Thatcher

ooops

im sure cavanda is good, but i hope he can 'hit the ground running', but isnt he a RB?

cavanda is a full back, so not exactly what we need.

plus, he hasn't even played 20 matches for Lazio, so no experience there. By now Lowton is a more experienced player than Cavanda.

if this is all we're after, I seriously concerned. No experience and not the position we need