January 2013 Transfer Talk

maqroll

"if no one comes in as we are as good as down thanks lerner for relegating us even doug never did that since the premier league was formed". Although I agree with the likely result of not bringing players in Demitri I have to point out that Deadly got his relegations in before the PL began.

I would love to think there really is £6m in the kitty and I suspect that Lambo understood there was that and more at the start of this window when he started to think about going shopping for the players we were linked with earlier. I would also like to think we could use the wages we may not spend on Warnock and Hutton on bringing in loan signings with or without a view to making permanent deals should we stay up (although have we not indicated we do not want to pay the wages of other clubs players). I think our best hope is that teams abroad will let us sign players on loan that they have fallen out with and cannot sell to other clubs or that teams who may want to give young players a game (as Spurs did with Walker) will want to give players game time in the PL that they cannot get at say the Manchester clubs, Arsenal, Spurs or Chelsea. But I have no confidence that even that will happen.

Edited by John

Quintero from Pescara would certainly be an interesting signing.

Has great balance and super skillful, only problem is, he's the same size as Bannan and is only 20...

I'm all for bringing in these types but we need a big strong Defensive midfielder before this lad comes along...which wont happen anyway.

Wasnt this Quintero kid linked with all these massive clubs? Why would he come to us? On loan to put him on the shop window?

Cant see it anywhere on twitter except from 'Transfer Market'.

He seems a good player with good technical skills who can keep the ball. If we were really in for Coutinho.. maybe we are looking for a creative CM.

Id go all out for Diame. We got **** all options left. Id take Reo if we have no money at all.

Edited by KSV

Everton are really really broke but they spent £8.5m on the kid from FC Twente, somehow that makes me feel even worse that we aren't doing anything.  Our biggest transfer conversation on this thread currently are two waste of space players leaving the club on loan..............not asking for the world or even that kind of money just a DM and maybe a defender on loan.  

Everton are really really broke but they spent £8.5m on the kid from FC Twente, somehow that makes me feel even worse that we aren't doing anything.  Our biggest transfer conversation on this thread currently are two waste of space players leaving the club on loan..............not asking for the world or even that kind of money just a DM and maybe a defender on loan.  

Makes no sense to me either, we can't be as badly off as the toffees?

This is all about Lerner being a stubborn idiot, why no money? Lerner doesn't want to spend it that's why!