January 2013 Transfer Talk

maqroll

So where's the bid for Danny Graham if were 'trying' to sign players. He wants to leave Swansea, interest from Sunderland and Norwich. If we can't out bid these we really are in the shit

You would like us to sign a striker even though we're desperately short in other positions?

So where's the bid for Danny Graham if were 'trying' to sign players. He wants to leave Swansea, interest from Sunderland and Norwich. If we can't out bid these we really are in the shit

It's not about outbidding teams. It's all about wages. Graham is going to be looking for big money. Why would we need him anyway?

I'm not saying we dont need players or shouldn't spend any money but its a very fine line and i'm pleased we're trying to be run properly so we actually have a club to support

Our income is higher than most premiership teams.

Why do you continue to talk about this club as if its some newly promoted team?

From MoN's time spending had to be reduced but this argument that spending in the summer or now could or would bankrupt us is rubbish. Especially when tv money is increasing if we stay up this year.

It sounds like some would have no problem with us going down and staying down.

If knowing his limited budget Lambert actually wants Danny Graham then we're really in the shit.

• Like 1

Just close the thread and be done with it

i'm absolutely stunned that we haven't entered the market this January and Randy/Lambert are all but confirming relegation

i'm aware there is a few days left but who the **** are we kidding

there's more activity in Cliff Richard's underpants than in Lambert's office

unbelievable

It's not about outbidding teams. It's all about wages. Graham is going to be looking for big money. Why would we need him anyway?

What us fans have to understand and the board is, you will not be a success or even survive in the premiership if we don't pay the wages. This is how it is now, premiership players will want 50k plus. If we think we can stay in the premiership and build a winning team paying 30k max we are all very much mistaken!!

Yeah, it's really annoying that our manager doesn't inform us personally whenever we've put bids in on a player.

Also, I'm with the posters above, I'd rather we focused on other areas of the team, given that we clearly have limited resources.

Bankruptcy if relegated, why? Does football not exist and therefore money outside the premier league? Imagine if we stayed up without spunking money on shit loads of expensive flops (perhaps) imagine how that would do for us in the long term?There has to be a cut off point at some stage, you say spend money to stay up fine we stay up but then dont have enough money to keep up the following season.. Or we spend and go down anyway which would be catastrophic!Its so easy for fans to just do this or just do that, i imagine if you offered the average fan x amount of fancy dan named players but told them it 'might' jeopardise the future of the club they would still want the players.I'm not saying we dont need players or shouldn't spend any money but its a very fine line and i'm pleased we're trying to be run properly so we actually have a club to support.

You know as much about the clubs finances whether we stay up or go down as I do. The club is a mess and I as a fan want to see whatever it takes to get us out this mess.

If you are happy with the way things are being run at the moment and feel this is the 'proper' way to run a club then I'm happy for you.

If people from the 19 other clubs had to choose three players from Benteke, Bent and Graham, I doubt any would choose the latter. Why sign a decent, OK player when we have two very good players already? To be fair, I am not sure I would swap him for Weimann either.

If people from the 19 other clubs had to choose three players from Benteke, Bent and Graham, I doubt any would choose the latter. Why sign a decent, OK player when we have two very good players already? To be fair, I am not sure I would swap him for Weimann either.

I take your point fully. But do you think we will still have Bent an Benteke after the summer??

What us fans have to understand and the board is, you will not be a success or even survive in the premiership if we don't pay the wages. This is how it is now, premiership players will want 50k plus. If we think we can stay in the premiership and build a winning team paying 30k max we are all very much mistaken!!

But you can find players from out the country who would gladly accept a low wage. I bet Michu wasn't on that much before he signed his new contract. Just look at Swansea, i'd kill to be doing as good as them right now, but how many of their players are on 50K a week? not many i'd say.

They could but there's still a risk and hassle factor in that for the affected player and agent.

no hassle there, agents LOVE transfers because it means more commission. we'd be an agents wet dream at the moment. agree a release clause for relegation, sign up, get paid, club goes down, player release activated, tout him around, sign somewhere else, get paid again. 2 transfers in a year for one player? that's the shit they live for

But you can find players from out the country who would gladly accept a low wage. I bet Michu wasn't on that much before he signed his new contract. Just look at Swansea, i'd kill to be doing as good as them right now, but how many of their players are on 50K a week? not many i'd say.

Of course you could. Players in Europe get paid peanuts compared to here. There are La Liga players that are on 1K euros a week and I bet they are better players than the shit in our squad. The damage has been done it seems.

It seems to me that there are two different messages coming out. PL saying there isn't money and RL saying there is money for PL for transfers. I'm confused as to what is going on. Anyone else remember a week or so ago when Villa said that there was money to spend and PL will be backed. They let all the papers know and now they changed their mind again? Seems a bit weird to me

It seems to me that there are two different messages coming out. PL saying there isn't money and RL saying there is money for PL for transfers. I'm confused as to what is going on. Anyone else remember a week or so ago when Villa said that there was money to spend and PL will be backed. They let all the papers know and now they changed their mind again? Seems a bit weird to me

It's just another example of the great way our club is run.