January 2013 Transfer Talk

maqroll

Aston Villa cancel Coutinho deal.

7/1/13 Tom Piperson

Aston Villa have pulled out of a deal for Internazionale starlet Phillipe Coutinho after being told it can not happen by supporters.

The player and his representatives were set to arrive in Birmingham to thrash out a five year deal at the midland giants owned by fabulously rich American Randy Lerner after having a fee agreed with the Itallian giants who rarely play him, but were turned back at the airport because of amateur online skeptics.

His agent Guiseppe Giangarmo told Forza del Sport

"We cant quite explain it. We had a deal agreed, Phillippe was heading to the England to sign a contract, they were happy, we were happy, but some guys say is impossible so is impossible. Now he go nowhere, maybe back on loan to Espanyol, who are shit".

Regret

Villa boss Paul Lambert also expressed his regret at the collapse.

"It's very disappointing. We had a deal lined up. It was pretty straight forward as they have a player they dont use much who we like and he had a chance to come to the best league in the world at a famous club and we'd pay him well, but a few people didn't believe it was possible so that's that. Some of them sounded quite convinced about it like they knew. We honestly we'rent aware it wasn't possible. We thought it was a good idea. But we'll look for shit players we dont need now in order to tie in with some online fans pessimistic outlook of the club. As soon as we see some "thats likely to happen because he's shit", we know we have a deal".

It is thought that any future deals Villa do will have to be done without any word of it on Twitter because that means it's not true.

Shame. Would've been a good signing as well. :(

What is the obsession with talking in riddles? It was a simple question which went unanswered. Bit hypocritical to then go pressuring Julie to reveal where her information came from

Sorry, I assumed you'd know - my fault - the first time I certainly saw anyone mention Graham was someone on Twitter who is pretending to be an ex-producer of SSN, claiming that he's had a text message saying Graham was about to sign. That was before it had been mentioned on here etc at least. This Twitter account later suggested Villa sign Iker Casillas because Mourinho had dropped him in a serious manner. In other words it's another child who should have better things to do than going around winding people up.

Fan hits back at Skeptics

By Hugh Gerection

Today Villa fan Mazrim posted a highly charged and ironic piece aping other fan's negativity, on popular Villa forum Villa Talk.

It is presumed on baseless fact that the fan in question might be indirectly mocking fed up and negative fans by hiding behind hilarious prose. Funny as he thought he was (and indeed was.....) some fans were known to have rolled their eyes and questioned why people can't just respect each others opinions negative or otherwise rather than take the rise and try and put them down (if that indeed was what he was doing).

Fan hits back at Skeptics

By Hugh Gerection

Today Villa fan Mazrim posted a highly charged and ironic piece aping other fan's negativity, on popular Villa forum Villa Talk.

It is presumed on baseless fact that the fan in question might be indirectly mocking fed up and negative fans by hiding behind hilarious prose. Funny as he thought he was (and indeed was.....) some fans were known to have rolled their eyes and questioned why people can't just respect each others opinions negative or otherwise rather than take the rise and try and put them down (if that indeed was what he was doing).

I like to have a laugh. That's all.

Jesus christ, loosen up,

• Like 1

Course no one's posted it all cos debate was all on twitter but OMG was there uproar at Matt Law because of that

Not having a go Julie but I would say uproar might be slightly overstating it. From the look of it, you and a couple of others took him to task over the article, he stated his case and was threatened and abused for it.

I read the offending article and really didn't give it a minutes thought. Struggling to see why there was such a strong reaction from yourself tbh.

to be honest Julie, no its not. I for one enjoy your posts please keep posting as this place is a lot duller without.

Just how I feel too Julie, Please don't be driven away again like last Transfer window. I love to read the ITK posts and all the speculation. I miss TT, Mystery Man and Gazton's posts too.