January 2013 Transfer Talk

maqroll

McDonald Mariga would be a good solid signing. Failing that, Wanyama as people have already mentioned. I mean with PL being ex-Celtic and a fan he must watch them a lot, Wanyama fits both what we need and what we are looking for. Those two wouldn't break the bank and would instantly improve us. I'm guessing 5m for Wanyama and Mariga being frozen out my Milan is apparently available for 6m.

McDonald Mariga would be a good solid signing. Failing that, Wanyama as people have already mentioned. I mean with PL being ex-Celtic and a fan he must watch them a lot, Wanyama fits both what we need and what we are looking for. Those two wouldn't break the bank and would instantly improve us. I'm guessing 5m for Wanyama and Mariga being frozen out my Milan is apparently available for 6m.

Sure this was the plan under Houllier, or atleast what some hoped for at the time, sign Mariga from Inter and then bring his younger brother (Wanyama) in to develop under him

Edited by HalfTimePost

I know Guidetti scored lots last year but hasn't he had a long term injury? Is he really gonna offer us much for the 2nd half of the season? On a permanent deal with others who can help contribute I'd be very happy with him but not sure what impact he'll realistically have if just on loan.

They also have to want to come to us. I believe Wanyama has already turned us down once so he could join Celtic? Why would he want to come to us now?

Yeah he went to Celtic to win trophies (whether the trophies up there are worth anything or not seems to have not crossed his mind), whilst he would have an opportunity to potentially win the (least desired) cup in England with us, he has so far played (and beaten) Barcelona with Celtic and was one of their standouts, a trip to Juventus up for him next, cant see him wanting to leave just yet.

I refuse to believe the window is open until we are linked with re-signing Peter Whittingham

The paper work has been stuck in the fax since the summer.

But this would not be a move between "two clubs belonging to associations with overlapping seasons", so the exception doesn't apply, surely?

Your right. Anyway, if the rumour is true,then there must be a rule to allow it as I am sure Villa know what rules would allow such move. However, it would appear that the rumour is just that, as the rules clearly do not allow a move.

Edited by diehardvillan

Why on earth would Wanyama come to us. He's about to taste the KO stages of the champions league for the first time in his career. That alone is worth more than coming to the Villa to fight for survival.

Plus, it's likely he'll be going a 'top' club at the end of the season anyway, so little incentives on his part if we were to make an approach.