January 2013 Transfer Talk

maqroll

You've changed your tune from a couple of weeks back.

Here's a quote from you in the James Chester thread:

Thought he wasn't good enough, what's changed?

I wasn't putting him forward as one of my own picks as I'm still hoping for someone with more experience but since we have been linked with Chester I'm just stating that Chester will probably be the CB Lambert chooses. Fits in with his philosophy of buying youth.

Stats from the past? They back up an opinion, sure, but they prove nothing about the present or immediate future.

? and how pray tell does one gets stats of the future?

they are the stats from THIS season, using THESE players, playing THIS system

it tells absolutely everything and also proves everything when someone says if bent is played in this system we will score less goals because that statement is wrong, we dont. and its backed up with facts.

it tells absolutely everything and also proves everything when someone says if bent is played in this system we will score less goals because that statement is wrong, we dont. and its backed up with facts.

Too small a sample.

Dm and a forward/winger are priorites for me. Defense is fine for now umo, that is im happy to have the odd short term hiccough as they develop more experience. Lowton at rb is solid, Vlaar and Dunne are experience whilst Clark and Baker are improving and good enough to be playing anyway and lb we have 3 options none of whon have established thrmselves for whatever reason but im fine with all options for now, again would eather see them fight out until summer. Midfield is key area.

Out: bent, nzogbia, delph

In : replacements for all 3 and im happy.

I think Lambert's signings have been solid and Benteke is exciting but I'd love some more excitement in the team.

I enjoy watching Lowton play but its not exciting. I think Westwood looks quality but again he's not an exciting player. I loved it when we signed Ashley Young, some player I hadn't seen much of who would get the ball and just run at defenders and get the crowd excited every time he got the ball.

Given

Warnock

Hutton

NZogbia

Delph

Makoun

Delfouneso

These are the players id like to see gone/replaced, we could probably make around £10m on them, not sure on wages per week mind

but we still need another goalkeeper, centre back, left back/winger, central midfielder and maybe a striker if bent is sold

Out : Warnock, Hutton, Bent, Nzogbia, Given

Will hardly make much difference to our first team in terms of who is playing anyway

Sign 3 or 4 of the standard we have seen so far from Lambert's signings and that will make a big difference to our team as they are all likely to play a part.

Out : Warnock, Hutton, Bent, Nzogbia, Given

Will hardly make much difference to our first team in terms of who is playing anyway

Sign 3 or 4 of the standard we have seen so far from Lambert's signings and that will make a big difference to our team as they are all likely to play a part.

This

Too small a sample.

its 100% of what can be judged, just over 1/3 of the season gone using the players at his disposal

it seems a large enough sample for lambert to judge he doesnt think bent can play in his system, despite the facts showing we score more with him in this system

anyway back on track

im guessing wilfred bony is the target to replace bent but we will go for charlie austin

downing but most likely we will go for someone like matt phillips of blackpool

and if possible lescot

I think it's too early to write off Bennet to be honest. I'm happy with the LB position. Think Stephens is doing a great job covering. Think one or two tricky wingers who can create/score/excite is far more important.

I'd like to bring in two wingers/attacking forwards who can run at people to play in the positions of Gabby/Weimann

Another center back

Then maybe a defensive midfielder.

Don't think we should sell Charles N'Zogbia just yet, he has not performed for us but there is a player there for sure. We need creativity and assists from midfield, something we are not getting from any of our players currently playing and well, losing. We can't win many games by running the other team down, that only works against Reading and other teams in the bottom, we would never stand a chance against the top 10's in the long run.

Besides, the fee we would get for him would be small now and I don't think it's worth the risk. Thus far Lambert hasn't signed any attacking minded players except Benteke and Bowery if you count him in, so why not keep CNZ and see if Lambert can charge him back into form.

No, it doesn't prove anything. For example it doesn't take into account who we've played against when he's been on and off the pitch. We played against united, citeh and arsenal without him. 3 very tough games and we scored only twice. And why not count the league cup games? We've scored at least 7 goals without him in those. 4 against citeh.

We don't score enough, that's for sure. Bent is our most prolific striker but then again he's scored only 2. Or is it 3? Weimann's scored 2 and I think he's played less games than Bent. I'd love to keep Bent and get him back on his scoring tracks, but atm it doesn't seem very likely. He doesn't really fit in in the system we've used in the last games. A system that has worked better over all. He can't play in Gabbys or Weimanns positions and Benteke is better as that central striker.

But if we're to sell Bent we'd better get good money for him and replace him with a really good striker.