Match Thread - PLEASE DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

wedge

the worst ive seen utd play at villa park was last season, whether they felt sorry us or couldnt be bothered but 1-0 flattered them last season, think the only shot on target was the goal and we looked happy to keep the score down, and then the season before i thought we had bannished the curse by going 2-0 up with 10 minutes left only to be lucky to end up with a 2-2 draw, the way they come back at us that day was heartbreaking. if we can get a draw from this ill be as happy tramp whos found a fiver.

I think the worst thing we can do against United is just sit deep and invite pressure as we did under TSM. I think we'll have a go of it and give them something to think about. Also, they don't really have a midfield so our best bet is to try and dominate that area (tough I know with our players) and hope the full backs can handle their wingers.

We have to beat them at VP at some point but I don't think this will be it. As long as we don't disgrace ourselves in front of the nation like last season. I hope we keep battling for the full 90+ minutes.

I think we'll frustrate them and Benteke will have the beating of their defence, picking up a perfect Hat-trick. One of theirs may nick a lucky hit and hope from outside the box so I'll say - 3-1

I'd play -

--------------------------Benteke---------------------

Agbonlahor----Ireland---------Delph----Holman

-------------------------El Ahmadi--------------------

Stevens--------------Vlaar------Clark----------Lowton

---------------------------Guzan-------------------------

With Weimann and Westwood getting at least half an hour. Bannan getting at least fifteen minutes.

As long as we give it a go and take the game to them. I still don't expect any points. As long as we don't show them too much respect. A win would almost make the season even if we go down*

*I said almost.

Don't think we'll get anything from this, but worth a shot. Has to be a 5 man midfield, two strikers up top just doesn't work for us.

------------------------------Guzan-------------------------

-------Lowton---------Vlaar--------Clark---------Lichaj

---------------Bannan------------Westwood-------------

---Weimann------------Ireland--------------Agbonlahor

------------------------Benteke------------------------------

• Like 1

People predicting 3-1 wins, really? No chance and I mean no chance.

The only hope we have is they travel to Portugal tomorrow and I just hope Rooney or/and RVP get an injury. Even then Hernandez and Wellbeck will do a job on us!

Hopefully we give it a "right good go" and will do "just fine" but my head is telling me 0-3

I just wonder will Ferguson continue to show a lack of respect in this fixture and rest a few of his players?

I hate this fixture with a vengence because we always seem to play them with an inferior attitude. I want to see our players going toe to toe with an inner belief that we can win. Their defence is suspect and i want us to have a go, not sit back and wait for the inevitable.

This will tell me if we've got a real tiger of a manager or just another pusycat?

Depending how we approach the game i'm going for a draw or to nick all three points but again depending on how Lambert sets us up?