Match Thread - PLEASE DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

wedge

Lambo should show the players the highlights of the 1970 League Cup Semi Final and tell them that if then Third Division Villa could turn them over that night with Charlton, Law, Best and even Jimmy Rimmer up against them why they cannot do the same to Rooney and Young this time.

• Like 1

We've got to up our game a couple more notches to get anything at all from this. We need double cover on each wing and good counters and dead balls. Young and Valencia needs to be tackled hard in the start - in many cases that shuts Ashley up. Everyone in midfield needs a game like Bannan had last weekend, and they all need to be disciplined about it.

2-1 villa.

I was a bit disappointed to see Fergie resting a few players last night, but never mind, we have to play whoever he picks on Saturday, and it will be a hell of a test for the boys whichever team he puts out.

As I said before, as long as we show a bit of fight I won't be too disappointed, it was the lack of fight that dragged me down last season.

I believe it comes down to the simple fact that their forward play will be a little too much for us to handle, and they wlll score more goals than we do. Whether that means 0-1 or 4-5, I don't know. I would be very very pleased with a draw.

4-0, Manchester United never troubled.

With optimism rising after a couple of away victories, this ^ result is probably more than likely. It would be typical of us to crash back down with a bump.

A lot will depend on the referee, if we have a ref who lets Benteke impose himself then we might make a good game of it, if the ref blows up for a foul evertime Benteke gets within a yard of a Utd defender then I think we'll have a tough time. Does anyone know who the ref is yet? If it is Dowd we can forget it.

Blimey I'm pessimistic today. :(

Why not stick N`Zogbia in at LB.

He played quite a bit there at Newcastle and did ok.Would also give us a bit of an attacking threat down the left

Ah - now this could work, but I believe he is still injured