Ashley Young

maqroll

Maybe it was a mutual agreement. We said we're going to sign another RB so his playing time will be further limited. We offer him reduced terms as a result and he would rather keep playing regular football so will go elsehwere

A model Pro who did amazing for us, however he was showing his age and got skinned quite often. Cash will be backup as I expect a new RB incoming. Stil lthink Ash can play for a mid / lower prem team, perhaps not week in week out. 

1 minute ago, CVByrne said:

Maybe it was a mutual agreement. We said we're going to sign another RB so his playing time will be further limited. We offer him reduced terms as a result and he would rather keep playing regular football so will go elsehwere

good point.

In my own head, i wanted him to stay, but only on vastly, vastly reduced terms (to allow us to spend those wages elsewhere on key players), whether that was offered or not we wont know, but i can also understand him wanting decent money and play time, either way, best wishes to him.

Bit surprised by that.

I guess helping to get us back into Europe is a great way to say goodbye, but from a sentimental side it would have been nice to say a proper goodbye in the final game. 

Can’t have everything though. Fantastic servant to the club, model pro, seems like a good bloke and I obviously wish him all the best for the future.

didn't he leave previously when the original deal from Milan expired and then we re-signed him  a few weeks later   ?

would have been great to keep around for the younger players , but i guess his salary goes towards one of the big name targets we are after  ?

Edited by tonyh29

I must admit that when Cash went off injured early against Man City at home this season and Ash came on I feared the worst. I needn't have feared at all, he kept Foden in his pocket that day. Young has never let us down in any of the matches he has played, and has continued to surprise me as the season went on. He has kept himself supremely fit and was a top pro during his time with us, so I wish him all the best for the future (unless he is playing against us).

• Like 2

Can't agree with the legend claim.

Ashley Young was a great servant for our club and a very decent player among others during the MON era. Legend claim going a little far, ultimately he didn't win anything.

Edited by Pinebro

6 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

didn't he leave previously when the original deal from Milan expired and then we re-signed him  a few weeks later   ?

I was thinking this. I could be wrong, but I am sure he left briefly last summer before signing a deal a couple of weeks later for this season.

15 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Ruthless and disappointing. Maybe we can't afford to keep him and sign another RB/RCB. 

Gutted tbh to see him leave like this

It is ruthless, just as he was when he left us for United ;)

Very sad though can't lie :(

I’m sad about this I can’t lie, Ashley young is and will be one of my favourite Villa players of all time. However I understand that we are I guess entering our 3rd phase of our plan. So we are going to have to be ruthless with some decisions, all the best to him he’s a model pro. 

1 minute ago, Pinebro said:

Can't agree with the legend claim.

Ashley Young was a great servant for our club and a very decent player among others during the MON era. Legend claim going a little far, ultimately he didn't win anything.

You don't have to have won something to be a legend. 

• Like 3

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Stand and Gabby have posted angry reactions on the clubs Instagram post about this.

I think it's the wrong decision but I'd trust the club's judgement over those two wasters any day.

(I presume you're referring to Collymore, not Petrov?)

Edited by Mantis

Â