Catalonia Independence

maqroll

2 minutes ago, bickster said:

That isn’t what you said at all. Just admit you made a mistake and move on.

Are you a lawyer in the real world? 

It is possible to interpret text and read between the lines also. I, for example, didn't read Basque as a mistype of Catalonia, but as adding context with a well known additional culturally independent region in Spain.

Just now, villakram said:

Are you a lawyer in the real world? 

It is possible to interpret text and read between the lines also. I, for example, didn't read Basque as a mistype of Catalonia, but as adding context with a well known additional culturally independent region in Spain.

I didn’t read Basque as a mistype either because it clearly isn’t that unless he's typing on an enigma machine

2 minutes ago, bickster said:

I didn’t read Basque as a mistype either because it clearly isn’t that unless he's typing on an enigma machine

I be more impressed with an antikythera mechanism, but that's just me.

1 minute ago, villakram said:

I be more impressed with an antikythera mechanism, but that's just me.

pedant but that just predict astronomical positions and isn't a cipher machine , so won't actually help you ..

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

pedant but that just predict astronomical positions and isn't a cipher machine , so won't actually help you ..

Old age, dear boy.

One use is to ascribe mechanical movement to astronomical positions but a translation to the roman alphabet and/or many other forms of communication are possible. It may be complicated, and there is the larger issue of how fashion would evolve to incorporate pockets large enough to carry these things around, but I'm sure the Kardashians can figure it out.

Edited by villakram

I have no side in this argumeny but I think Pique credibility is really being damaged because of this. Only showing his side now instead of earlier in his career. I also bet he wont return the medals he won with Spain

Before people say he had no choice, his ex team-mate Oleguer a lesser player refused to play for any Spain squad including senior call-ups he was offered

Edited by Zatman

The violence shown by Police was absolutely disgusting.

It was also so stupid politically that I could almost believe the riot police were actors hired by the seperatist movement to curry favour. They've drawn the sympathy of the entire world to Catalonia and it's plight, as well as making the Spanish government look like an oppresive monster.

If you're ignoring the vote, why not just ignore the vote?

2 minutes ago, ThunderPower_14 said:

If you're ignoring the vote, why not just ignore the vote?

That's what I don't quite understand. A bit like one of the few episodes of the American Office I saw, the chap playing the David Brent character declared himself bankrupt by shouting "I'm bankrupt", he was told there was a bit more to it than that. Seems like this is what Catalonia is doing. 

My Son's mom is taking him to Watch Barcelona v Malaga on the 21st of the month as a late birthday present. He broke his leg a couple of weeks ago so is in a full leg cast, and with all this now going on what was a dream weekend away for him could now potentially be a bit of a nightmare. 

Given the violence going on there, that probably sounds a bit selfish in the circumstances, its only football after all. 

57 minutes ago, av1 said:

My Son's mom is taking him to Watch Barcelona v Malaga on the 21st of the month as a late birthday present. He broke his leg a couple of weeks ago so is in a full leg cast, and with all this now going on what was a dream weekend away for him could now potentially be a bit of a nightmare. 

Given the violence going on there, that probably sounds a bit selfish in the circumstances, its only football after all. 

I've been in contact with some people in Barcelona and the level of violence, as it is, is vastly over represented in the media. This is no way diminishes the essentially fascist behavior of the Madrid regime.

The bigger issue is likely to be travel related strike nightmares. Another way to look at it that for his birthday he'll have a front row seat to something potentially historic rather than Messi's 1,234,672nd goal.

13 minutes ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

It is been translated live but I am sure they just declared Independence from Spain. :o

I think he's said the declaration has been delayed a few weeks to allow dialogue and to allow Spain to adjust to the idea, but that he has to deliver what the people have said they want.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, PompeyVillan said:

I predict more heavy handed policing and some proper nasty civil unrest. 

The referendum was illegal, you can't declare independence without consensus or an army. 

Stupidity on all sides. 

except history.

Â