Leeds United

Qwpzxjor1

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

Your favourite team naturally 

Leeds biggest fan

I've got it!

He's Chris Moyles posting on a Villa forum

14 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Jack Charlton died this morning at 85. Will be a sad day in Leeds and also Ireland as he put us on the football map

Had a real fondness for his ROI team, mainly due to the amount of Villa players in it. McGrath, Staunton, Houghton, Townsend, Cascarino.   

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Zatman said:

Jack Charlton died this morning at 85. Will be a sad day in Leeds and also Ireland as he put us on the football map

Larger than life character. Had a great football career for Leeds and England and remember he started his managerial career at Middlesbrough in the old 2nd division and Villa were in there too. Got them promotion and always remember his comment on on the 2nd division."Most teams play up back and up under football". RIP 

• Like 1

A proper centre half and a proper bloke. We could have done with him this season.

I went to a chicken in a basket thing at Villa Park, many years ago where Jack was the speaker. Loved his smirk,when he was asked about the Leeds "little black book". I also went to a World Cup evening that featured Jimmy Greaves and 9 of the winning team,  at Wolverhampton Civic Hall some years ago, when he talked about the final and "our kid" Bobby. Sad to see the team leaving us, one by one. RIP Jack.    

Edited by John
  • Like 4

On 11/07/2020 at 09:19, Zatman said:

Leeds haven't half lost a few legends in the last months. As much as we all laugh at them it will be sad they didn't get to see Leeds play in the top flight again before they all passed.

As an aside it's simply wrong all the 66 boys didn't get knighthoods.

Edited by VillaChris
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

All but up.

Cue next season when they've signed 4-5 good players and are about 8th "Well with Bielsa's reputation they should be winning the league shouldn't they......"

They have sent 40 million on Costa and Augustin already. Doubt can afford many big players

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Zatman said:

They have sent 40 million on Costa and Augustin already. Doubt can afford many big players

There was talk of them getting Juan Foyth on season long loan from Spurs. Can't say I rate him much from his performances but Argentina seem to think he's their next up and coming defender (not hard to be better than what they've got given Otamendi has been their star defender for last decade).

I think they'll use the loan market much more than we did so interested what they get from that. They obviously need a better striker and more depth. Probably got a similar type of squad to what we went up with, likes of Phillips and Allioski should be fine, Pablo Hernandez will be a decent impact player off the bench aswell even though he's getting on a bit now.

21 minutes ago, Zatman said:

£40m on garbage. Even worse than some of the players we signed. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Zatman said:

definitely need to spend wisely over there. Will need a new striker (and as mentioned) unless they can get out of the Augustin deal, which I don't see how they can. Also will need a starting center half as don't think Brighton will loan them Ben White again. Think they also have a option to buy their loaned keeper but don't know if he is PL quality. 

43 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

There was talk of them getting Juan Foyth on season long loan from Spurs. Can't say I rate him much from his performances but Argentina seem to think he's their next up and coming defender (not hard to be better than what they've got given Otamendi has been their star defender for last decade).

I think they'll use the loan market much more than we did so interested what they get from that. They obviously need a better striker and more depth. Probably got a similar type of squad to what we went up with, likes of Phillips and Allioski should be fine, Pablo Hernandez will be a decent impact player off the bench aswell even though he's getting on a bit now.

Loan market is 4 for Premier League isnt it. 2 domestic and 2 foreign and only 2 in the squad

17 minutes ago, Villaphan04 said:

definitely need to spend wisely over there. Will need a new striker (and as mentioned) unless they can get out of the Augustin deal, which I don't see how they can. Also will need a starting center half as don't think Brighton will loan them Ben White again. Think they also have a option to buy their loaned keeper but don't know if he is PL quality. 

Think they need two, Liam Cooper will be massively found out in the premier league imo. Slow and constantly holds players at corners. Was terrible in the Derby play off match last season.

I do think their FBs might surprise a few though. Think Luke Ayling is a very decent player and I was surprised when Douglas got sold by Wolves as he was good for them and has been for Leeds aswell.

Ultimately however much you rate Bielsa or not they guy has huge experience in many different top leagues so he'll have some sort of plan of how to go about things.

13 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Loan market is 4 for Premier League isnt it. 2 domestic and 2 foreign and only 2 in the squad

Who knows, they might relax that as well with all the games being played next season.

Â