Leeds United

Qwpzxjor1

5 hours ago, Zatman said:

They have sent 40 million on Costa and Augustin already. Doubt can afford many big players

I thought Costa was £16m and Augustin was only on loan and has already gone back?

Either way, £16m for Costa shows how comparatively cheap our summer signings were.

2 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

I thought Costa was £16m and Augustin was only on loan and has already gone back?

Either way, £16m for Costa shows how comparatively cheap our summer signings were.

they have an obligation to buy Augustin for 20million if they are promoted. Leeds are going to court to try to stop the transfer as the season has gone past June but Leipzig are saying its the clause in the contract 

• Thanks 1

Best case scenario they are forced to sign Augustin, Bielsa get's angry and walks and they appoint some Shouty McShoutface plonker with no handle on tactics :D 

Edited by sne

Just now, Stevo985 said:

Apart from last year when he absolutely bottled it you mean?

Their squad isn't exactly full of quality.

Leeds were a midtable team before he took over. Compare that to us who had played in a play off final season before Dean took over.

Bielsa has done an excellent job.

4 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Their squad isn't exactly full of quality.

Leeds were a midtable team before he took over. Compare that to us who had played in a play off final season before Dean took over.

Bielsa has done an excellent job.

He's done a great job.

He still absolutely bottled it last season. And has a record of bottling it previously too

2002 World Cup would be his biggest bottle job of all or the 2004 Copa America. 

Promotion from the 2nd attempt in the Championship might be one of his greatest managerial achievements ever

Wouldn't be surprised if he got them promoted, decided he's done his job and then resigned, he's the kind of manager to do outlandish things like that. Certainly wouldn't be surprised if he left them before the end of next season.

Getting Bilbao to europa league final and copa del rey in same season wasn't too bad, they haven't won a trophy since the 80s.

Anyway....Leeds are probably similar to us in a way. Got some talented players like Kalvin Phillips and Klich but they are short on numbers. Their bench had I think 4 teenagers on it so they'll struggle if they get more injuries in the premier league which is always likely with the intensity.

Edit: 5 as Ian Poveda is on loan from Man. City. He's another they got in January who's barely figured.

Really interested to see who they can attract particularly in final third as they obviously need better than Bamford and their wide options aren't brilliant either.

I actually think of them all Brentford would do the best of the promoted teams if they make it. Hopefully Huddersfield can grind out a draw v WBA.

Edited by VillaChris

9 hours ago, PaulC said:

Think they are in a stronger position than we were and Norwich. Will need to invest wisely but could see them doing a wolves 

How? Their team is very poor.

Barring phillips and hernadez they have absolutely very little quality. On top of that bamford, augstin and helder costa being their strikers. My God that is a awful attacking group.

I do rhink if thwre wss no covid they would have bottled it again

13 hours ago, PaulC said:

Think they are in a stronger position than we were and Norwich. Will need to invest wisely but could see them doing a wolves 

Much, much stronger.

For a starter they got a competent coach. Which helps a lot.

Can see them finishing mid table. Even with no transfers.

Â