Leeds United

Qwpzxjor1

4 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

How? Their team is very poor.

Barring phillips and hernadez they have absolutely very little quality. On top of that bamford, augstin and helder costa being their strikers. My God that is a awful attacking group.

I do rhink if thwre wss no covid they would have bottled it again

The likes of Benitez and Bielsa doesn't need a lot of quality in order to get results.

The system is what get's them through. Not individuals.

The thing is. Bruce relies on players to get him results, just like Pardew did. Just like Smith does. Rafa and Bielsa relies on the system like the best coaches in the world do.

It's probably why the players at Newcastle likes Bruce more. They are more on his level. Have his favorites, chooses to play you as a CM because of you. With Rafa and Bielsa you're a cog in the system. Your skills contribute to the overall effectiveness of the team. But replacing you with slightly lesser players won't have a massive impact on the overall performance.

Edited by villalad21

4 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

How? Their team is very poor.

Barring phillips and hernadez they have absolutely very little quality. On top of that bamford, augstin and helder costa being their strikers. My God that is a awful attacking group.

I do rhink if thwre wss no covid they would have bottled it again

They are in a much better position, they dont have to replace a 25 goal striker for a start or most of the squad like we did. Even with the side they have they have enough to stay up. 

Just now, PaulC said:

They are in a much better position, they dont have to replace a 25 goal striker for a start or most of the squad like we did. Even with the side they have they have enough to stay up. 

I'm telling you.

They'll do much more than staying up. Bielsa will come up against inferior coaches most weeks.

He will absolutely dominate the likes of Moyes, Bruce and Hodgson.

39 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Worse they have 2 shit strikers to replace, who aren't goimg anywhere 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

Worse they have 2 shit strikers to replace, who aren't goimg anywhere 

Bielsa's system isn't reliant on a 15 goal striker.

That's what you're missing. Goals are shared all throughout midfield and attack.

That will make it all the more difficult for them in the premier league unless they spend a lot of money, because they don't have enough quality in their midfield to be relying on goals from that area when they go up. They might ultimatley survive but it's hard to see anything other than a struggle for them next season unless they spend a lot of money and spend it very wisely. They're certainly nowhere near as good as the Wolves side that was promoted as as been suggested, that Wolves team came up with just short of an hundred points, this Leeds team barely have more points than we had the season that we reached the play-offs with Bruce.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PaulC said:

I disagree paul. Their squad is pretty poor as it stands. They needed a own goal against the worst team in the league. Also that team has absolutely zero premier league experience.

Bamford is their most experienced pl league player and he was a utter flop at pl level.

The only good thing is not seeing a leeds wankfest with the fans same with wba

11 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I disagree paul. Their squad is pretty poor as it stands. They needed a own goal against the worst team in the league. Also that team has absolutely zero premier league experience.

Bamford is their most experienced pl league player and he was a utter flop at pl level.

One game means nothing though, over the whole season they have been the best team in the league. Guess Norwich were last season so who knows. 

2 hours ago, villalad21 said:

I'm telling you.

They'll do much more than staying up. Bielsa will come up against inferior coaches most weeks.

luis suarez GIF

26 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Did Newcastle have any star strikers when Rafa got them up? No.

The best coaches aren't reliant on individuals to get results.

Bielsa and Benitez drills their teams into a machine. You can easily replace better parts with lesser parts and it will still function well. The machine won't fall apart.

Edited by villalad21

9 minutes ago, PaulC said:

One game means nothing though, over the whole season they have been the best team in the league. Guess Norwich were last season so who knows. 

Look at their team though paul.  No pl experience  at all. We have mings elmo grealish hause heaton  targett taylor.

We also had some experienced cl players like wesley samatta and others not have played abroad like luiz and engels.

Yet we struggled

3 hours ago, villalad21 said:

I'm telling you.

Played one lost one against Bruce hasn't he?

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

Look at their team though paul.  No pl experience  at all. We have mings elmo grealish hause heaton  targett taylor.

We also had some experienced cl players like wesley samatta and others not have played abroad like luiz and engels.

Yet we struggled

True but maybe they have a better manager. 

6 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Did Newcastle have any star strikers when Rafa got them up? No.

The best coaches aren't reliant on individuals to get results.

Bielsa and Benitez drills their teams like a machine. You can easily replace better parts with lesser parts and it will still function well. The machine won't fall apart.

Benitez who is being outperformed by Steve Bruce?

Newcastle had a much better squad than the Leeds squad, that was a Newcastle team that shouldn't have been relegated in the first place and then when they were relegated the only player they lost was Sissoko, which is why after being promoted they've been able to finish midtable three seasons in a row.

Also Newcastle had Marcus Gayle when they were promoted pretty much the most prolific championship striker in recent seasons, as well as the likes of Ritchie and Perez on the wings. Not to mention Mitrovic as a back up striker.

Just now, Stevo985 said:

Benitez who is being outperformed by Steve Bruce?

Bruce won't keep the performance levels up for long. He never do.

You should know that. And Benitez finished 10th with them. First season back in the Prem.

23 minutes ago, useless said:

Newcastle had a much better squad than the Leeds squad, that was a Newcastle team that shouldn't have been relegated in the first place and then when they were relegated the only player they lost was Sissoko, which is why after being promoted they've been able to finish midtable three seasons in a row.

Also Newcastle had Marcus Gayle when they were promoted pretty much the most prolific championship striker in recent seasons, as well as the likes of Ritchie and Perez on the wings. Not to mention Mitrovic as a back up striker.

I think marcus gayle retired about 10 years ago mate 😉

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, useless said:

Had Marcus Gayle not retired when Newcastle came up? I don't remember him playing for Newcastle, more so for the crazy gang.😜

Some cracking retro players being mentioned accidentally on this forum today.

Â