Leeds United

Qwpzxjor1

6 hours ago, jjaacckk91 said:

It's crazy to think that it was literally just bielsa holding the club together, since they sacked him it's been a shit show.

It's not surprising considering they were nothing more than a mid-table Championship club before he took over and completely transformed their fortunes.

• Like 1

Bielsa takes much of the blame - small squad, burnt them out with intense training (injuries etc), he was only going to get them so far - conceding 60 goals or so in his final season was inexcusable. They conceded 79 goals in total. They were very, very lucky to go down.

1 hour ago, Mark Albrighton said:

I’d add Wolves letting Lage go worked well for them. I think they would be in the bottom three if they had kept him for another month.

ah yes forgot about him

6 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Yeah his parents have confirmed Bamford tried to high five him but missed

Probably because he only puts his contact lenses in when he plays against us

4 minutes ago, Villatillidie95 said:

Big Sam is being offered £500,000 basic salary and a 2.5 million bonus if he keeps Leeds up. Nice work if you can get it

Can you imagine what Boehly could offer him tonight?! 🤣

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, Villatillidie95 said:

Big Sam is being offered £500,000 basic salary and a 2.5 million bonus if he keeps Leeds up. Nice work if you can get it

Says he is shocked to get the job.

I mean he's not the only one.  If the guy himself says he's shocked to get the gig doesn't that tell you something?

Their owners are insane.  I'd be furious if this was us.  

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, Villatillidie95 said:

£125,000 a game. But whyyy? He could lose every game. He'd have taken that job if they'd just covered his wine bill.

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Fair point, but a lot of people were saying the same about Palace and Roy Hodgson. They are desperate, and if he somehow keeps them up then its worth every penny.

• Like 2

It is just pure desperation isn't it. Allardyce averages just over 1.2 points per game over the 500 odd premier league games he has managed in. I know he has managed some crap teams but it is a hardly a record that screams saviour is it. Having said that if he takes 5 points from their remaining 4 games they'll almost certainly stay up. Looking at their remaining games though that doesn't seem likely. 

In terms of panic jobs they are at least outside of the drop zone as it stands.

It’s a no-brainer for Sam. £500k for a few weeks work, possibly £2.5m on top, possibly a new longer term deal on top of that.

They have City (0), Newcastle (0), West Ham (3), Spurs (1) to play.

4 points from that lot might be enough and doesn’t look impossible.

Was it Harry that took over Blues in a similar position, lost all the games but they still survived and he got his bonus? Maybe I’m mis-remembering it though.

Edited by Genie
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Mr_Dogg said:

£125,000 a game. But whyyy? He could lose every game. He'd have taken that job if they'd just covered his wine bill.

Seems mad to me, thats probably more than most of their squad earns each week! Then again if he manages to keep them up i'm sure he can spend some of his bonus on getting each player a pint of wine so they can all enjoy the celebrations XD

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

Says he is shocked to get the job.

I mean he's not the only one.  If the guy himself says he's shocked to get the gig doesn't that tell you something?

The scary thing is, not so long ago this is the type of thing which we probably would have shrugged our shoulders with and had to accept, such was the dire state of things after failing to get promotion in the summer of 2018. Amazing how much has changed in the half a decade since

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mr_Dogg said:

The Leeds board must have concluded that if they made no chance they will get relegated. This may not work but if they stay up 500 grand is chicken feed.

1 minute ago, The Fun Factory said:

The Leeds board must have concluded that if they made no chance they will get relegated. This may not work but if they stay up 500 grand is chicken feed.

It’s £3m if they stay up (still probably good value).

Â