Leeds United

Qwpzxjor1

2 minutes ago, Xela said:

Funny really, I remember a few posters hitting the vinegar strokes in pre-season, at the transfer dealings Leeds were doing. 

It looked on paper that they were reinvesting the Raphinha and Phillips money wisely but ended up more like how we reinvested the Benteke Delph money.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

It looked on paper that they were reinvesting the Raphinha and Phillips money wisely but ended up more like how we reinvested the Benteke Delph money.

Yeah definite vibes of the Sherwood season. Investing money in players just not ready for the Premier League,

McKennie looks like he's eaten all the Easter Eggs as well. I'm sure there is a player in there but he looks slow. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

He really isnt, 32 and has 23 goals in 3 seasons and a couple of assists

Yeah his age is the the main issue but this season he has been on fire. Also remember he had a big injury he has just come back.

Obvious my 1st choice would be your favourite striker tammy 😉

19 minutes ago, Xela said:

Funny really, I remember a few posters hitting the vinegar strokes in pre-season, at the transfer dealings Leeds were doing. 

Same for Southampton and West Ham transfers as well

Not working out for them either

1 hour ago, DJBOB said:

Mckennie works in a 3 for the US. Think he frequently plays the pivot for Leeds and like McGinn, while he can do a job there, doesn’t have the regular discipline and quick passing under pressure to be a DM in the pivot. 

Leeds are missing Adams more than anything. He was a one man clean up crew for them and their goals against record has suffered horrifically since he’s been out. 

Obligatory comment that Leeds have spent 120 plus million in the last two years and still start Ayling. 

Your wrong about the £120 million over 2 seasons this season alone they have spent over £150 million and no idea what they spent last year but yep still starting ayling, copper still in the squad Bamford starts regularly when fit. They have spent all that money and yet still have a wafer thin squad that has no premier league quality and I don’t think would be a certain to get them out the championship. I do wonder what the financial situation would be too because I imagine the is some big wages there for a championship side to pay. I think the only place they haven’t over spent on is the ground which is seemingly vying with old Trafford for the most dilapidated. It’s times when I’m writing this I realise how much I love Naz and Wes

11 hours ago, AlwaysAVFC said:

I'd certainly be worried if I was a Leeds fan. The 2 big home defeats is bad enough but a bigger red flag is actually the white flag in that they got no yellows last night and the fight doesn't seem to be there.

I've just got back from a gig, where I chatted with a few Leeds fans. They are indeed very worried - and pessimistic. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

I've just got back from a gig, where I chatted with a few Leeds fans. They are indeed very worried - and pessimistic. 

spacer.png

• Like 1

Just now, AshVilla said:

I'd take Meslier as number 2 to Emi.

5 - 10m?

I wouldn't touch him personally. Lacks presence, doesn't command his area and has the frame of a child. 11 shots on target faced and 11 goals conceded in the last couple of games is grim reading and he's never convinced me at this level...although you could say the same thing about the entire Leeds back line I suppose. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, AshVilla said:

I'd take Meslier as number 2 to Emi.

5 - 10m?

Absolutely not. He is one of the worst keepers in the league imo. Doesn't command the area at all, poor shotstopper and too small to dominate in the air (not height, but frame).

The only thing that is speaking for him right now is that he's only 23 years old & Bayern Munich are kinda interested (for whatever reason...).

Edited by osmark86
  • Like 1

Â