Media and punditry

BOF

2 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

Alex Scott is currently the best pundit in the country.

• She has opinions - like genuine opinions, not waffle to fill time and not made up nonsense for attention.
  • She isn't there to be nice to her mates or keep any sort of clique happy
  • She explains those opinions clearly and succinctly, she's thought about them and she's happy and open to discussion on them
  • She makes the job look like it's about understanding and explaining the game, not being chummy and having mad bantz

More of this type of thing.

Yes she was the only one that really called out Barkley for his performances yesterday.  I find the female pundits generally put effort into their punditry and treat it as a job rather than a God given right because they played or managed Premier League football years ago like the male ones.  She is also beautiful.

• Like 2

Alex Scott is clearly one of the best pundits out there, the stupidity that she only got the job because she is black or because she is a woman. Would much rather hear insightful opinions compared to the crap you get from the likes of Merson, Redknapp or Neville 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mantis said:

Like Dion? Criminally underused IMO.

I can't take him seriously I keep expecting him to give me a tour of the studio and tell me about how you could  really let some light in 

• Haha 1

Beckford not bad for a new pundit I think, work to do but seems like he might be good at some point.

Dion is a great bloke who loves Villa who I don't think will ever be a good pundit. He's done it for long enough now. Picked up bad habits from the punditry furniture and talks in clichés far too often for my liking.

Garth Crooks selected Emi Martinez in his team of the week, plenty praise and also the following.......

"The Argentine is looking every bit a top-four keeper and if he can't achieve it with Villa I suggest he does it with someone else".

What..... Like Arsenal.

'kin tw4t.

Edited by Phil Silvers

3 hours ago, Phil Silvers said:

Garth Crooks selected Emi Martinez in his team of the week, plenty praise and also the following.......

"The Argentine is looking every bit a top-four keeper and if he can't achieve it with Villa I suggest he does it with someone else".

What..... Like Arsenal.

'kin tw4t.

Errr no, because they're not a top 4 side. 

14 hours ago, Rino8 said:

I can't take him seriously I keep expecting him to give me a tour of the studio and tell me about how you could  really let some light in 

As long as he doesn’t show you the stairs to the bedroom then you are quite safe.

• Haha 1

Â