Football Manager 2013

AndyClarke

AWW YEA. :hooray:

Have to learn to play this bloody thing now. Has anyone got a link to simplified beginner's/idiot's guide to the game? I tried playing FM2011 for all of 5 minutes before getting overwhelmingly confused by menu overload and giving up.

I know it's much more complicated now, but the first version of the game I got was CM3. I was only about 12, admittedly, but had bought it because the latest Premier Manager game wasn't in the shop when I went to purchase that. CM seemed super complicated to me at the time, and I gave up on it after no more than half an hour. I was destined to never play it again until one dull weekend, when I fired it up for another go. I finally started to get my head around it, and from then on, was hooked. Didn't get last year's version of the game and am holding off firing up this one - I know when I do I'll need a lot of spare time!

So, the moral of the story is: never eat your own headlice.

This game is infuriating. It's so obvious when the computer is going to score as I always have the ball in the opponents half, usually on a throw-in. Then my player will lazily pass the ball to the opposition CM, who will then stroll through my entire team and smash it in. I'm Villa by the way using a (gulp) downloaded tactic (Goals Galore I believe) and my team is just pure shit. I was 2-2 at half-time with Southampton and said my players were unlucky and they got de-motivated, then at the end (after I lost 4-2) I said I wasn't happy and they got more demotivated.

I'm so crap at Football Manager.

""Anybody else getting a stupid amount of own goals at both ends of the pitch? I must have had about 20 in 30 matches so far. ""

Yep I have had this I think I have had about 10 own goals in my favour already and I am in February! Also getting a lot of injuries.

Loving this game though its fantastic. i am 3rd miles behind United and city. Signed abudemanyang or whatever his name is, very good, got anderson on loan who was terrifc then got injured so had to send him back to United.

I got Hubsmann, Jonathon and Bentely on loan and just won league cup with a 2-1 win against united. not a bad first season if can stay in top four.

Finding ahrd to sell players though for good money though. Sold gabby for 10.5m to Chelsea at start of season and just flogged n'zogbia for 5.5m to newcastle boy is he crap

This one is perhaps my favourote of the lot. So impressed WIth FM13. Only thing i dont like is that the wage structure for Villa is crap and its difficult selling some players for good amounts on it. For example only got 800k for Westwood and just sold Bent to Newcastle for 12m.

Finished 3rd first season and won the league cup so not too bad. Have signed Esiien for 4.5m and Koscieny for 8m. got Hoarou on a bosman too who doenst look too good. Manged to get Given off the wage bill too which is great can't believe that loser mcleish gave him a 5 year deal on 50k wages. IDIOT!!!!!!

Manged to get Given off the wage bill too which is great can't believe that loser mcleish gave him a 5 year deal on 50k wages. IDIOT!!!!!!

I'm in January 2015 with Villa and have only just managed to get rid of Hutton. I had to loan him out to 3 different clubs just to try and get rid of his wages for a bit.

Another problem I have with this game is buying players that I really don't need, just buying them because I think the offer is to good to turn down, but then destroying my wage bill. For example, I already had 4 good CB's but then noticed Gary Cahill was transfer listed for £4.5m. I couldn't not. I now have to leave 'first team' CB's out of the match day squad.

Upfront I have Gabby, Bent, Benteke and two Dutch wonderkids all smashing them in, but yesterday I noticed Bojan's contract was about to run out and he only wanted 45k a week. I can't help myself! Somehow my financial control is still good.

Been signed off work for a few weeks so really sinking my teeth into this now. Finally come to realise that it's not about changing formation every now and again through the season, but the true match day art lies in the "shouts" - do you play wider and go for attacking the flanks, or do the oppositions goals get created in the middle? Do they play 4 or 5 through the middle so do I either play with width to stretch them then hit them in the middle, or do you compact the middle by playing narrower and look to play the ball into the space on the flanks? Finally starting to enjoy it now that I've realised this one can't be played like the older games......

I think the training is broken in my game. I can crank everyones workload up to very high and they're all fine with it. Every single one of my players bar none is 'Pleased with his training schedule'.

Â