Football Manager 2013

AndyClarke

Just started a new game with Milan, its like been in charge of dads army!!!!!

Transer budget is also shite, won 5-0 on the opening day though. Hopefully can restore them to their former glories. Never done serie A before, only got 17000 season ticket holders and an 87000 capacity stadium, 50000 attended the first game of the season. Gonna stick with Milan until Im filling the ground and hoarding trophies! Gonna be a long game I think

Started playing this again after a long break, mainly because the match engine was getting patched every other week. Waiting for the updates to calm down. Made a new tactic and started a new game with Villa. First season looking abit too easy.

e1du6u.jpg

How are people so good at this game?

I'm so unbelievably shit at it :D

Its the Italian league, you don't need a lot of money...

Oh you do. Just not for transfers...

This game is way to inconsistent. I can have an amazing first season and the second do total crap. I feel like i have to change my tactic every 6 months gets real **** annoying. You can't really make small edits either. You have to move the whole team about.

Edited by Daniel

This game is way to inconsistent. I can have an amazing first season and the second do total crap. I feel like i have to change my tactic every 6 months gets real **** annoying. You can't really make small edits either. You have to move the whole team about.

Agreed on the changes you have to keep making to tactics (even though had to do it after 3 months)... It really put me off playing a d I haven't really got back into it

I've really struggled to play anything that resembles decent football on this, with Leeds in my third season now and ii'm just playing the worst football,currently scored 11 in 10, conceded 10. But I'm 3rd and aside from a 4-0 loss against ManU, every single game has been a 1-0, 2-1 win that follows the same pattern.

Edited by Rino8

This game is turd. I to have to keep changing tactics which means the team needs to blend again and as soon as i do the tactic once again needs changing.

I don't mind fiddling with a tactic, but in fm13 you have to start afresh each time to have impact.

With Aberdeen, was doing really well and suddenly my team just stops doing anything, can't pass, run, cross and let in stupid goals.

Lost 6 in a row, including to the 3 bottom teams (and the bottom team had won 1 game in 18 which was against the team above them, they tore me a new arse)

So after changing tactics, I went on a run then the tactic suddenly stopped again, no slow degrading, just out right becomes shit..

So another reboot.. And on and on..

Another thing about the tactics. The cpu doesn't seem to need to change their tactics. I constantly play Man United, who use the same tactic every time i face them. I don't mind changing tactic, but you have to let it blend and while that happens you play worse until it's fully blended.

Just playing my Eastleigh save trying to get them into the Premier League. I've been looking at the PL each year and seeing who got relegated and broke into the top 4. The random shit that goes on in this game is amazing.

First season

Swansea get 4th

2wftw8z.jpg

The very next season sees them relegated and newly promoted Wolves get 5th.

34j2mtw.jpg

Wolves claim 5th again the next year.

But in the 2015/2016 season newly promoted Burnley get 4th.

j9txf9.jpg

It's not until 2016/2017 season that Swansea get back into the Premier League, but just look where they finish in their first season back.

10z2sut.jpg

I don't understand how these teams do it. I looked to see if they had a tycoon takeover, but they didn't. It's just so **** random.

It's weird that you talk about changing tactic so much, I've used the same two for 3 seasons now and I'm 4th in the middle of December.

Was using Atletico Madrid in my network game. Came 2nd and won Champions league. Improved the squad and the next season saw me kicked out of the Champions league at the group stages and 17th in the league after 18 games . Totally changed my tactics and instant results. Won the Europa League and came 4th with a 15 game unbeaten streak.

Most of the times, yes. My mates just move the positions and it works just as well. I find to have a more stable tactic messing with the individual tactics works better for me.

Got back to back promotions from Blue Square south to the Championship with Eastleigh. Finished 10th in my first season in the Championship. Struggled a little, but that was because i was always changing my teams and getting new free players in. Stuck with a team and finally got promoted.

2d8gd42.jpg

really happy with how my first season has gone with villa,

quarter finals of the capital one cup

winners of the FA cup

4th in the prem (had the same points as man city in third but they had a better goal difference)

won manager of the season

and to top it off brad guzan won the golden glove award

Edited by avfcNelse

Having trouble with making players unavailable for the reserve squad for some reason. Is this a glitch in the game?

Send them back to the reserve squad then re-promote them to the first team squad then they will be available.

Â