Football Manager 2013

AndyClarke

It alwyas baffles me how people are so good at FM straight away.

I guarantee if and when I get this, I'll be relegated and/or sacked in my first season with Villa. Always takes me ages to figure out how to get good at it.

In the recent ones I've always found sticking with one formation is a recipe for disaster.

Even when I'm doing really well, I usually have to change tactics every half a season or so otherwise they just become shit

I was considering upgrading my macbook air to a pro as the air is slow and fm doesnt work so well on it.

After reading this thread might wait till the patch. Is it just mega buggy in the match engine?

Yeah the rest of the game is fab.

FM Classic would be pretty good for you, then. You don't have team talks, press conferences, don't have to worry too much about training or do any of the in-depth stuff. The only thing you will need to concentrate on is having good players, and setting up your tactics.

I flew through a half season in an evening on the demo.

Sweet might have to get it then. Iv never watched the 3D match thing. Only commentary FTW.

Just been thrashed and all goals were from static defending, lack of closing down and the goalkeeper being completely thick. Three of the main issues people are having with the match engine. It is making it very hard to play, but I am keeping on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ofUEinKIy74

Shots - 12 to them, 23 to me

On target 6/20

Possession 40/60

I look for the best possible free transfers to be honest, takes me ages to set up a lower league game, I usually spend a good deal of time finding players with good stats especially defensive players as I build from the back.

Finished 8th first season with villa and got to final of league cup . Ended up with a 4-1-2-2-1 formation which worked well towards the end of the season.

The game did crash out on me twice tho. Has that happened to other people.?

Gutted last night, had a very harsh sacking with villa. I was just coming into February and was 15th but only 5 points off 7th with a game in hand. Lost a few games in jan due to injuries to vlaar and baker, got a 0 0 away to man utd, then went to Southampton and lost, next thing I know Im sacked, seemed a bit hasty as with vlaar and baker fit (they were just coming back)I had been comfortably in top 6!

Â