Football Manager 2013

AndyClarke

Yep, the actual managing part of the game is excellent, sadly, it's hampered by a god-awful match-engine. I've even imported some great tactics from 2012 that I've had loads of success with and as I type, I'm losing 4-1 to stoke! Something seriously wrong here! Fix it damn you!

I'm not saying it doesn't have issues with it, there are a few things that bug me, but using a tactic from fm12 and not having it work is not proof that it's broken. The ME has been rewritten to make static tactics that exploit weaknesses in the ME not work. So in other words downloading some tactic and relying on one pacy striker to score all the goals (like in FM12) might not work, but playing to your teams strength and reacting to the play in the game will give you results.

The above does not stop the weird errors (players standing still in the box, not reacting to the ball, not following their man, no closing down, no tackles which mean even the weakest teams pass the ball with excellence)

The above does not stop the weird errors (players standing still in the box, not reacting to the ball, not following their man, no closing down, no tackles which mean even the weakest teams pass the ball with excellence)

Yeah, can't disagree with that, but I haven't seen much of that since moving from the beta to the full game. It might have been updated since that too.. I don't know. Currently the game says I'm on 13.1.1 (ME version 1312)

Just had my first major glitch (and im on purchased version not beta).

Reserves had a fixture same day as my first team...Hadn't set any instructions to assistant so he picked 6 of my starting first team in the reserves... I then only had 13 players (half of whom never start) to play against city...which of course led to a defeat..

Here's another one for people to try. Hover over the "Interact With Board" button, and who else gets the "There are board restrictions in place due to talks regarding a possible takeover" message. Happened in all 3 different games I've started now. Surely can't be a coincidence!

Won the league in my third season with Villa, but it was very close between 3 teams. Also got very lucky with Chelsea drawing to Wolves. Played 5 at the back and got a 1-0 win at Man United.

2nr81f.jpg

16azmsg.jpg

Yeah, can't disagree with that, but I haven't seen much of that since moving from the beta to the full game. It might have been updated since that too.. I don't know. Currently the game says I'm on 13.1.1 (ME version 1312)

Unfortunately, still having awful defensive errors and players standing still, not closing down and even more strange was seeing my keeper make a save and then start shuffling to the right, opening the goal up for them to score.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0RjbmW8bbg

Bugged as ****.

So many defensive problems. Just had a shot from 35 yards hit the post, my team stood around watching the ball (as it rebounded out), keeper ran towards it (on edge of area) and then started skipping back, as their midfielder came in to score.

anyone playing the classic and can tell me what its like?

FM got crap for me when you had to do too much training, team talks, press crap, player interactions. Took ages, I just want to buy/sell, play 4-4-2 and rage quit in an hour when I lose every game.

FM Classic would be pretty good for you, then. You don't have team talks, press conferences, don't have to worry too much about training or do any of the in-depth stuff. The only thing you will need to concentrate on is having good players, and setting up your tactics.

I flew through a half season in an evening on the demo.

Â