Football Manager 2013

AndyClarke

I just had mine as automatic so I wasn't expecting to walk into another premiership job but hey ho, as I say I'm looking forward to being a Sunday league footballer in charge of Mansfield in the Blue square conference or whatever its called these days

that's when I normally start enjoying the game

Mansfield are my local team, and the last career I played (which was on FM11) was with them. Eventually won the Champions League, but I can't remember what year it was. Initially, I lost in three Conference play-off finals in a row, which pissed me off! Was worth the glory in the end, though.

Edited by Troglodyte

Mansfield are my local team, and the last career I played (which was on FM11) was with them. Eventually won the Champions League, but I can't remember what year it was. Initially, I lost in three Conference play-off finals in a row, which pissed me off! Was worth the glory in the end, though.

Mansfield are my second team, I adopted them years ago cuz it helped me keep tabs on the lower leagues but I always play them on FM...never do any good with them though

Over half way through my first season as Crewe, 8 points off the Playoffs and 6 points off the relegation zone after 35 games. I'd imagine i'm safe this season! Hopefully kick on next year!

Look at players who's contracts have expired and loan deals. You can get some great players and then once promoted sell them on.

When I was in league 2 with Grimsby , Crewe were right behind me and then won the league on the last game.

I agree totally. Games with Villa never really grab me and I can't bring myself to manage another team in the Premiership.

I always start a new version of FM as Plymouth Argyle, which is my second team. It has been relatively workable in the past but they are rather shit these days, barely hanging on to League 2 status by the skin of their teeth.

I have only played a few weeks of the season in FM13 thus far but already I have been screwed over by the match engine three times by goals in the last minute of regular time.

I usually tend to agree about playing with the better teams but I am really enjoying my game as Newcastle boss and cant stop playing it.

Also after taking a look at the classic mode I have decided I cant do it, as much as I complain about how in depth the game is I feel like I am missing out if I dont attend the press conferences etc

I agree totally. Games with Villa never really grab me and I can't bring myself to manage another team in the Premiership.

I always start a new version of FM as Plymouth Argyle, which is my second team. It has been relatively workable in the past but they are rather shit these days, barely hanging on to League 2 status by the skin of their teeth.

I have only played a few weeks of the season in FM13 thus far but already I have been screwed over by the match engine three times by goals in the last minute of regular time.

Usually when taking over a small team you need to totally change the team (there's a reason to why they are shit) have a look at getting players on loan and free transfers. Not telling you how to manage you're own team mate, just saying what works for me. Then when you get promoted, sell the players that you have bought in on a free, 100% profit. And then do the same again the season after. I'm Grimsby at the moment and have done this. Started in the BSP and now in the championship

I like to play either as a decent sized club in the championship (especially with a good youth set up, I much prefer developing players to buying them) or as a big club which I can completely dismantle and start afresh by promoting their best youth players and nicking ones from other teams. It is completely awful for a season but then things pick up.

I can't, try as I might, do the lower league manager business. I get so **** frustrated when they can't pass a bloody ball or make shit decisions. It is easier now to play decent football at a lower level than it used to be, but really any team with some pace up front will walk the lower leagues.

Also, I can't stand the modern tactics creator and all the 'shout' nonsense. I prefer the old slider system, and usually the football and results are much better as a result.

I like to play either as a decent sized club in the championship (especially with a good youth set up, I much prefer developing players to buying them) or as a big club which I can completely dismantle and start afresh by promoting their best youth players and nicking ones from other teams. It is completely awful for a season but then things pick up.

I can't, try as I might, do the lower league manager business. I get so **** frustrated when they can't pass a bloody ball or make shit decisions. It is easier now to play decent football at a lower level than it used to be, but really any team with some pace up front will walk the lower leagues.

Also, I can't stand the modern tactics creator and all the 'shout' nonsense. I prefer the old slider system, and usually the football and results are much better as a result.

If you have an iPhone it's worth getting the app as its the older system

Usually when taking over a small team you need to totally change the team (there's a reason to why they are shit) have a look at getting players on loan and free transfers. Not telling you how to manage you're own team mate, just saying what works for me. Then when you get promoted, sell the players that you have bought in on a free, 100% profit. And then do the same again the season after. I'm Grimsby at the moment and have done this. Started in the BSP and now in the championship

That's essentially what I am doing. I usually load my teams with uncontracted French players. The first 12 months is difficult though because of wage budget restrictions and squad blending.

Finding loaning players difficult in this edition because reserve players from Premier League teams won't have a bar of joining us.

The other issue is staff. When I joined we had 3 first team coaches and four youth team staff, even though the youth facilities are crap. You have to sack your youth team staff for the board to allow you to hire new blokes with half a clue.

That's essentially what I am doing. I usually load my teams with uncontracted French players. The first 12 months is difficult though because of wage budget restrictions and squad blending.

Finding loaning players difficult in this edition because reserve players from Premier League teams won't have a bar of joining us.

The other issue is staff. When I joined we had 3 first team coaches and four youth team staff, even though the youth facilities are crap. You have to sack your youth team staff for the board to allow you to hire new blokes with half a clue.

if you're in the BSP mate then look at loaning players from league 1&2 , their wage is low and also they are brilliant in the BSP. then when you get promoted look at loaning players from the league above.

works for me :)

also ship out a load of shit so then you can keep your wake budgit down.

i downloaded the new one (2013) on my iphone last night and started off with grimsby again (BSP).

19 games played and im 5th with a game in hand and 4 points from top.

The fitness of the players seem to go down more than the 2012 version. Anyone know how to prevent this?

Â