Football Manager 2013

AndyClarke

Pre-match teams were having far too many shots on goal, usually 20+

Now since the patch, it seems the opposite, I am seeing a lot of ball play in the right areas but there are less and less shots, sometimes as low as 2 per match!

Pre-match teams were having far too many shots on goal, usually 20+

Now since the patch, it seems the opposite, I am seeing a lot of ball play in the right areas but there are less and less shots, sometimes as low as 2 per match!

Seeing the exact same thing. Every tactic i make seems to have major flaws with it. Most times i'll score, then a couple of minutes later they will score. Seems to happen alot.

Still haven't been on this yet, but I'm sure it's been claimed in various recent versions that the opponents 'now' quickly adapt to your tactics? I was never sure that it actually happened, but it sounds like maybe it does this time round. Or could players be attributing losses and such to this, whereas in fact it may not be the cause?

It does seem that way. In my network game, i won the Champions League with Atletico Madrid and finished 2nd in the league. The next season i improved the squad with better players, but i'm not sitting in 15th and i've already lost 9 games. I only lost 4 the season before.

Got promoted with crewe, but struggling to get out of the championship, they got a great youth academy though, producing 5 star players every season now..

Just started with Crewe... Got through october and was top of league...then lost every game in November.... Seems my tactics were worked out quick... Few tweaks to side... Let's see how it goes... Do you manage to bring through the youth with potential?

AWW YEA. :hooray:

Have to learn to play this bloody thing now. Has anyone got a link to simplified beginner's/idiot's guide to the game? I tried playing FM2011 for all of 5 minutes before getting overwhelmingly confused by menu overload and giving up.

Still haven't been on this yet, but I'm sure it's been claimed in various recent versions that the opponents 'now' quickly adapt to your tactics? I was never sure that it actually happened, but it sounds like maybe it does this time round. Or could players be attributing losses and such to this, whereas in fact it may not be the cause?

I haven't played since FM11, but this absolutely is the case.

Even when I was in a game where I'd won the Bundesliga a few times and got the Madrid job, and they have a RIDICULOUS amount of money (took over in June and it said I had £120m to spend. I assumed that was the summer budget. It wasn't, it was left over form the last season, so come July/August they presented me with another £120m to spend that season) so I had basically the best squad you could assemble.

I still had to change tactics 2 or 3 times a season because teams figured out how you played and would start beating you.

It's realistic, I guess. You can no longer find a squad and tactic that suits you and just use it over and over.

Have to learn to play this bloody thing now. Has anyone got a link to simplified beginner's/idiot's guide to the game? I tried playing FM2011 for all of 5 minutes before getting overwhelmingly confused by menu overload and giving up.

Ease yourself in by playing classic mode, then once you're used to everything you should find the transition to the full game a lot easier.

• Like 1

Oh wow, congrats!

As for learning to play, I remember outlining the basics for someone before, but my most recent experience of the series was just the 2012 demo so I'm getting increasingly out of touch. I assume that the principles remain the same though: identify your best eleven with the aid of coach reports and attributes, settle on a tactic or three based on your best players' best positions, and then hit 'Continue' until Match Day. Set your scouts to roam around and the rest kind of falls into place intuitively. The arsehole part is figuring out which buttons on the interface are the ones you want, but that's just rote memorisation.

• Like 1

Think i might have had the best game ever last night. Playing a network game with my mate, he's Valencia and i'm Atletico Madrid. In our 3rd season and i've already finished second 2 times and won the Spanish cup and Champions league, but in out 3rd season i'm struggling to ****. Sitting 11th with 19 games gone. All the players kicking off about how they fell the club is underachieving. I change my tactics and with the last game of the season sneak the last champions league spot.

Before the last game my mate was 4th and Espanyol were 3rd. I was hoping Espanyol would lose because i thought it would be harsh on my mate with me having been shit all season. Espanyol played Deportivo, who were pretty shit and wasn't expecting them to lose, but my mate was playing Granada away (Granada are decent for some reason) I had bottom of the table at home.

Play the last game and my mate goes 2-0 up and i slump to 2-1 down. Out of nowhere i was 4-2 up and Espanyol lost 2-0. Scrapped it on goal difference and to top it off won the Europa cup.

10fqm3c.jpg

301iw3s.jpg

Maybe could've got him for less now there were relegated. They wanted almost £20m and i accepted, but he got a big injury before the transfer and failed the medical. I made another offer when he was fit and they wanted £15m.

Â