Football Manager 2013

AndyClarke

Nah you don't need to be online to play it but it forces you to install steam (which takes **** ages) and in my previous experience with it the thing knackered up my comp, as soon as it was installed it slowed my comp down to the point it was barely running, wouldn't let me uninstall it or close it down.

Just a ball ache to be honest, they may have sorted it out by now as I am going back a fair few years but it still cemented my hatred for it

Got this for Christmas off the missus and started a save with villa last night. Have played 4 games in the league and have won all 4. And I'm also through to the 3rd round of the capital one cup. Loving my amazing start to the season but I don't expect it to last long

I have got the bug for it again now, sitting down at work trawling through FM forums and stuff to see what people are saying about tactics and stuff.

Its frustrating that you dont get a penny to start with when you are the villa, Ive not made any signings yet, just want to see how I get on with the current squad first of all and see if I can do better than Lambert is in real life then I'll take my new found knowlege to the Villa section of the forum.

Picked this up last week, finally.

Enjoying it, but I'm shit at it. Alhough it probably doesn't help that I'm playing as Villa and they're not good.

Stuff I'm struggling with is holding on to leads. I've found this in previous versions too. I'll take a 1 or 2 goal lead in the first half and no matter what I do, I'll struggle to hold onto that, Over half the time I'll end up drawing even if I'm 2 goals up.

Also, something I've noticed is that form doesn't really effect my games. As in, there are a couple of big teams in my game (Chelsea and United) who are doing very poorly (United are 11th and Chelsea are 13th). But when I play them, even though they're obviously poor against everyone else, they still batter me (Chelsea have just beaten me 6-0)

Is this something I'm doing wrong, or is it just something about the game you have to deal with?

Picked this up last week, finally.

Enjoying it, but I'm shit at it. Alhough it probably doesn't help that I'm playing as Villa and they're not good.

Stuff I'm struggling with is holding on to leads. I've found this in previous versions too. I'll take a 1 or 2 goal lead in the first half and no matter what I do, I'll struggle to hold onto that, Over half the time I'll end up drawing even if I'm 2 goals up.

Also, something I've noticed is that form doesn't really effect my games. As in, there are a couple of big teams in my game (Chelsea and United) who are doing very poorly (United are 11th and Chelsea are 13th). But when I play them, even though they're obviously poor against everyone else, they still batter me (Chelsea have just beaten me 6-0)

Is this something I'm doing wrong, or is it just something about the game you have to deal with?

Could have been worse...could have been 8-0

I've been sacked so it doesn't matter now!

But signed Hargreaves in a free who was probably my best player. Him and N'Zogbia.

Bent and Benteke were both shit on my game, but probably didn't use them right

I am fearing for my job at the moment, only 6 games in and the board think I could be performing better

played 6 - W1 - D3 - L2

I am currently 2 points off the bottom 3 but only 3 points off 8th place

only made 2 signings I got Craig Gordon on a free transfer with wages of about 14,000 pw and sold Given just to get him off the wage bill and I have signed Owen Hargreaves who I only ever leave on the pitch for a maximum of 60 minutes but he does a good job when he plays

currently playing a formation of 4 - 3 - 2 - 1 with the 2 playing just behind Bent

I have had a tough run of games as well man, I have already played Man Utd, Chelsea, Liverpool and my next game is Man City

got a 1-1 draw out of Chelsea though

Edited by leemond2008

I am just starting season 3. season 2 won CL and fa cup but came 2nd, its very hard to win the league in this one.

I signed Ricky Van Wolfswinkel for 20m so far he has been immense. Still got augameyeung he is constantly injured though. signed lennon for 4.7m and got zaha on left had him from start he is very good.

has anyone seen this bug i had it last night, playing arsenal chamberlain scored an own goal but its ruled off side! how is that possible?!

I signed Gordon on a free too. He was **** shit though. Played him for 5 games and he had an average rating of 5.1

I had my reputation as Sunday League footballer so the only job I got after Villa was Southport in the BSP. Should be able to keep them up in this season (23rd when I took over) and ill look to rebuild my reputation from there!

I just had mine as automatic so I wasn't expecting to walk into another premiership job but hey ho, as I say I'm looking forward to being a Sunday league footballer in charge of Mansfield in the Blue square conference or whatever its called these days

that's when I normally start enjoying the game

Â