Football Manager 2013

AndyClarke

Back to back promotions. Getting by with just getting players in on a free. Giving them a 1 year contract and keeping them on if they turn out good. My Squad is very young, but still winning and scoring.

j7an0o.jpg

Also got a new stadium.

2dket14.jpg

Do you know what, I've been playing this series since Championship Manager 93, and I don't think I've ever had this much trouble even winning let alone finding a tactic that works. I've even tried just flat out cheating, I've given myself a £90 Million pound transfer budget, signed some fantastic players, spent loads of time re-jigging the coaches so each area is no less then 4 stars, this after going through 5 saves trying to find tactics that work, even resorted to more recently downloading "super tactics" that people have uploaded, and my current game, despite signing the likes of Jelle Vossen, Manuel Fernandes, Sebastien Corchia, Bernard and Fernando, I'm into December and still haven't won a single competitive game! I tend to favour the 4-5-1 with the wide players in the AML and AMR position with a DM, I have previously dabbled with 4-4-2 - but I'm seriously starting to wonder what the hell is going on! Any tips anyone? I'm starting to lose my sanity here!

I had the same problem during the demo/early release. Every formation i made seemed to leak goals. I would score and then conceded within minutes. I made a game with PSG and was 13th before getting sacked. Now people says its the match engine and there are glitches in the game and that might be a cause of most problems.

I made a new tactic and i seem to be winning most games. With my Villa game i struggle a little, but will won the league and the Champions league the following season. I have a network game with a mate and i'm Atletico Madrid and i'm 2nd in the league using that tactic.

I have messed about with the individual players instructions too, but it all seems to work ok.

b4t275.jpg

I had a wee bit more success with a 4-3-1-2, but I didn't like it because all it seems to do is congest the area outside the oppositions penalty box, which makes it difficult to either get clean shots in or thread in through balls....

Here's another great stat for you then 9 penalties awarded for. 0 Scored. 4 against, 4 scored.

It seems that Sigames has gone and released a very flawed and unfinished product, to steal a march on anyone who might try and compete with the franchise, and have actually forgot about the real juice of a football sim, namely the actual playing of football!

Question for AndyClarke, is the data you and your fellow researches submit actually moderated? Because it seems we always tend to have realistically scored players for Villa, yet you look at other teams, Stoke for example, Peter Crouch is unplayable against on a consistent basis and Jonathon Walters is one of the best players in the league, along with Bryan Ruiz at Fulham.....

Here's another great stat for you then 9 penalties awarded for. 0 Scored. 4 against, 4 scored.

That's somethign I've noticed in previous iterations. You miss a huge amount of penalties.

**** all this tactics, teamtalks, live game shite...Football Manager Handheld is where it's at. Choose a variant of 4-4-2, let your assistant manager select the team and finish a season in 3 hrs. Currently going for my 10th title in a row thanks to my expert scouting eye.

I had a wee bit more success with a 4-3-1-2, but I didn't like it because all it seems to do is congest the area outside the oppositions penalty box, which makes it difficult to either get clean shots in or thread in through balls....

It seems that Sigames has gone and released a very flawed and unfinished product, to steal a march on anyone who might try and compete with the franchise, and have actually forgot about the real juice of a football sim, namely the actual playing of football!

Question for AndyClarke, is the data you and your fellow researches submit actually moderated? Because it seems we always tend to have realistically scored players for Villa, yet you look at other teams, Stoke for example, Peter Crouch is unplayable against on a consistent basis and Jonathon Walters is one of the best players in the league, along with Bryan Ruiz at Fulham.....

To answer your first point, there isn't really a serious competitor so I don't think there is any evidence to suggest the game was released for that reason.

All of the data is managed by the head researchers and the rest of the research team tend to offer an opinion on the data. The database is produced with attributes between 1 to 20 rated on a Worldwide scale and Abilities between 1 and 200, also on a Worldwide scale. We don't research based on what the match engine will do, it may be that a player is altered if he overperforms, but ultimately, I wouldn't give Gabby pace and acceleration of 10 if his (18 and 20) current rating meant that he ripped up the match engine. If Crouch, Walters etc are performing too well, it may be down to how the match engine works, I've not looked in any detail at either of them, or seen enough of either (particularly Walters) to give a fair opinion. I can assure you that the data is meticulously checked and the work that goes into each team runs into days rather than hours, I'm not suggesting that the database (or even Villa :)) is perfect, but it is not due to a lack of hardwork or down to bias.

Do you know what, I've been playing this series since Championship Manager 93, and I don't think I've ever had this much trouble even winning let alone finding a tactic that works. I've even tried just flat out cheating, I've given myself a £90 Million pound transfer budget, signed some fantastic players, spent loads of time re-jigging the coaches so each area is no less then 4 stars, this after going through 5 saves trying to find tactics that work, even resorted to more recently downloading "super tactics" that people have uploaded, and my current game, despite signing the likes of Jelle Vossen, Manuel Fernandes, Sebastien Corchia, Bernard and Fernando, I'm into December and still haven't won a single competitive game! I tend to favour the 4-5-1 with the wide players in the AML and AMR position with a DM, I have previously dabbled with 4-4-2 - but I'm seriously starting to wonder what the hell is going on! Any tips anyone? I'm starting to lose my sanity here!

Not just me then.

Alot of people seem to be waiting for this update but there are so many issues with the match engine; I'd be surprised if it is all fixed after the update personally.

You can still play the game but the amount of bugs in the ME in the game is very worrying, clearly rushed for whatever reason.

Anyway this is perfect for them in my opinion, "FM13 we introduced a brand new engine, in FM14 we refined it..."

Funnily enough, among other things it was complaints about the match engine which dissuaded me from getting FM2012 (specifically over-ease of scoring from crosses).It sounds like not only have they not rectified those problems, they've gotten worse.

Â