Football Manager 2013

AndyClarke

RE: Benteke's stats.

Although he seems to not run fast because of his stature and also his running style, I think he is pretty quick. I'd say his acceleration is decent, maybe around 14? He can stop and start very quickly. His top speed at maybe 14 too, possible 15?

I'd say that is decent in comparison to his strength, which must be 19 or 20.

He is a bit lazy at times I think, but having watched loads of footage, it took a preseason game to show me how quick he was. I just don't think he chooses to go at full tilt very often because that is not his style.

if you have got the editor, make some changes, save as something recognisable, then search through the sports interactive files until you find that save file, stick the update in there

then when you start a new game tick the box that allows you to change the edited data then only load up the update

• 3 weeks later...

Absolutely loving my save at the moment more so than any other Fm game ever I think (might not buy Fm14 it's going so well).

Playing as Villa still, was playing with a very limited 4-1-2-3, which created few but effective chances. Was forced to change it at the end of August into my second season due to injuries to Benteke, Agbonlahor & Weimann. I'd two AMCs who I could never really find the right formation for last season (Cidinho & Will Hughes), I was considering cashing in on Cidinho who I panic bought on the last day of August for £9m last year and only managed 1 goal and 5 assists in 29 starts, Hughes was facing the task of a loan spell to someone from the Championship as he was constantly out-muscled in the Premier League.

So far I'd sneak past United in the Community Shield 2-1, United dominated. Beat Everton 3-0, Newcastle 3-0, Spurs were next and had about 12 shots on target but Guzan got a 9.5 and Weimann scored late on for a 1-0 win. I came back from international duty with my 3 main strikers injured, only £4.2m in the bank on deadline day, I tried to get in 2 AMCs on loan, the first ones name escapes me at the moment as he's out for 3 months but scored on his debut, the second was Adem Ljajic, who I've since signed for £3.9m. I changed the formation to a 5-1-3-1 with 2 wing backs and 3 amc, I couldn't possibly have comprehended the results.

We'd Chelsea next and were 2-0 up after 12mins, we won 2-1 but could have scored 5 had more possession that Chelsea, first time all season we'd more possession, shots and shots on target. Next up were AC Milan at the San Siro (CL group was less than kind Barca, AC & Sporting). Helenius bagged a hatrick, and they got an 86 min consolation, I was praying for a draw before hand.

Next were United who were struggling in 11th place, we absolutely hammered them injuries to both my new AMCs meant I had to put Delph and Hughes either side of Cidinho who was already looking like a different player, Delph who I had transfer listed during the summer was man of the match with Cidinho scoring one and setting up Delph's. Next were Donnie in the cup I changed the entire XI and threw in 3 17 year olds and 5 debutants in total they took us to pens but we advanced. Had Bolton after that and rested a few with the Barca Wednesday night in the back of my mind, Benteke and Gabby were fit but I said I'd try to keep them for Barca. We won a hard fought game 2-1 but it could have been a lot more, Hughes starred with a goal and assist. Unfortunately I'd planned on loaning him out so he wasn't registered for Champions League so I dropped Benteke into the hole with Gabby up top.

After 20mins it was all Barca and a goal was coming, Westwood who was in for the injured Defour picked up a knock, I threw in Kouyate, as I felt we were being over run with Westy there. We matched em blow for blow from here on in, and in the 58min Cidinho lobbed Valdes to make it 1-0. 5 mins later Messi hit an insane ball back to his left back which he miss controlled, Cidinho intercepted played in Benteke and Villa Park was in dream land. Can't wait to go home and play it.

• Like 2

Absolutely loving my save at the moment more so than any other Fm game ever I think (might not buy Fm14 it's going so well).

Playing as Villa still, was playing with a very limited 4-1-2-3, which created few but effective chances. Was forced to change it at the end of August into my second season due to injuries to Benteke, Agbonlahor & Weimann. I'd two AMCs who I could never really find the right formation for last season (Cidinho & Will Hughes), I was considering cashing in on Cidinho who I panic bought on the last day of August for £9m last year and only managed 1 goal and 5 assists in 29 starts, Hughes was facing the task of a loan spell to someone from the Championship as he was constantly out-muscled in the Premier League.

So far I'd sneak past United in the Community Shield 2-1, United dominated. Beat Everton 3-0, Newcastle 3-0, Spurs were next and had about 12 shots on target but Guzan got a 9.5 and Weimann scored late on for a 1-0 win. I came back from international duty with my 3 main strikers injured, only £4.2m in the bank on deadline day, I tried to get in 2 AMCs on loan, the first ones name escapes me at the moment as he's out for 3 months but scored on his debut, the second was Adem Ljajic, who I've since signed for £3.9m. I changed the formation to a 5-1-3-1 with 2 wing backs and 3 amc, I couldn't possibly have comprehended the results.

We'd Chelsea next and were 2-0 up after 12mins, we won 2-1 but could have scored 5 had more possession that Chelsea, first time all season we'd more possession, shots and shots on target. Next up were AC Milan at the San Siro (CL group was less than kind Barca, AC & Sporting). Helenius bagged a hatrick, and they got an 86 min consolation, I was praying for a draw before hand.

Next were United who were struggling in 11th place, we absolutely hammered them injuries to both my new AMCs meant I had to put Delph and Hughes either side of Cidinho who was already looking like a different player, Delph who I had transfer listed during the summer was man of the match with Cidinho scoring one and setting up Delph's. Next were Donnie in the cup I changed the entire XI and threw in 3 17 year olds and 5 debutants in total they took us to pens but we advanced. Had Bolton after that and rested a few with the Barca Wednesday night in the back of my mind, Benteke and Gabby were fit but I said I'd try to keep them for Barca. We won a hard fought game 2-1 but it could have been a lot more, Hughes starred with a goal and assist. Unfortunately I'd planned on loaning him out so he wasn't registered for Champions League so I dropped Benteke into the hole with Gabby up top.

After 20mins it was all Barca and a goal was coming, Westwood who was in for the injured Defour picked up a knock, I threw in Kouyate, as I felt we were being over run with Westy there. We matched em blow for blow from here on in, and in the 58min Cidinho lobbed Valdes to make it 1-0. 5 mins later Messi hit an insane ball back to his left back which he miss controlled, Cidinho intercepted played in Benteke and Villa Park was in dream land. Can't wait to go home and play it.

This, right here, is why I love Champo. Excellent work Sire.

• Like 1

I've been absolutely on fire since I've changed my tactics, really could not believe how well we've been playing. Since the Barca game, we've beaten West Ham away 2-0, Wolves in the cup 4-1 with a lot of changes made, Hull 3-1 at home & then the icing on the cake was a 4-1 drubbing of Sporting Lisbon at home, I'll have to upload the goal Benteke scored later, I think it was a 19 pass move, easily the best goal I've ever scored in FM ever was absolutely unbelievable.

Really feels like you've accomplished something when you do well on FM.

I took Freiburg to a Bundesliga title in my third season, along with two Europa League trophies.

Don't even want to go back to that save in case I **** it up.

Still flying in the league, 7 points clear of City just coming into Christmas, they are about 10 points clear of the Diego Simone managed Chelsea in 3rd, I've been offered both the United (Jose) & Spurs (Biesla left Liverpool) jobs in the past month, and turned both down, Ive done the double over AC (3-1 & 1-0) & Barca (2-0, 2-0) in the Champions League. Just beat City last night in the Carling Cup Quarters 3-1 at the Ethiad, Aguero scored an 88th min goal when the game was over, the game was pushed back due to us playing Barca in the Champions League when they were on Club World Cup duty, I've West Ham awaiting me in the Semis & have been drawn away to Plymouth in the FA Cup. I've City at home on Saturday a win would put my 10 in front with a game in hand going into Christmas, I'm very confident. Unfortunately the Champions League draw which could have thrown up only 5 teams for me (CSKA Moscow, Borussia Dortmund, Ajax, Marseille & Bayern Leverkusen as I couldn't draw United, City or Barca) has given me Dortmund in the last 16 but that's not till February my transfer budget has been increased a paltry £1.75m, Ljajic can't get a work permit though, but his contract is up at the end of the season, if he maintains his form he'll walk into Serbia team and I can pick him up for free. :D

I wouldn't mind a massive squad overhaul at the end of the season either, can't remember what my transfer budget was last season but I think it was less than £10m as I remember I was thinking it was about £20m too low. My only actual purchases were Meyer £2.9m compensation & a regen german centre back from Bayern for £1.8m that left me with about 4.2m after I adjusted to allow for wages increases for Okore & Benteke. Okore made me throw in one of those match highest earners clauses which was ok when he wanted 65k a week from 15k a week but it hurt me hard when Benteke was looking for 105k, so a sweet little 90k rise for Jores.

Current Squad:

GK: Guzan, Rosati (On loan from Napoli)

DC: Okore, Vlaar, Baker, Dragovic, Kouyate

WR: Lowton, Morganella

WL: Luna, Bennett

DM: Defour, Westwood, Sylla, El Ahmadi

AM: Cidinho, Hughes, Delph, Meyer, Tonev, Ljajic (On loan from Fiorentia), Parades (On loan from Boca)

ST: Benteke, Agbonlahor, Helenius, Weimann, Caprari (On loan from Roma)

I downloaded the LFCMarshall summer update and I didn't even think of the fact that they update coaches attributes on it till I clicked on Lambert. His went up a pretty good amount on the update, and I like his attributes so I figured I'd click find similar staff and if anyone was like him I'd hire them as an assistant.

Well, the first one was Tite of Corinthians. Nothing weird right? Don't know much about him. The next two however, were Josep Guardiola and Gerardo Martino.

So yeah that was really weird.

That is weird.

Back to my save, I've lost my unbeaten tag in the League to Spurs, was going through a bad patch Guzan was out for 3 months but the on loan Rosati has stepped up after initially being a bit dodgy, He's only conceded 12 goals in 14 games, and one of those was a 5-3 hammering at the hands of Chelsea, which has seen them back into the title race, he actually went ten games without conceding as well something Guzan never did but we'd a handy run of fixtures. I'm currently 10 clear with Chelsea having a game in hand and City on level points with them but Chelsea must play Arsenal, United & City in their next 4 games. I'm having a bit of an injury crisis too, Benteke went off injured against Dortmund, we drew the first game 1-1 and won the second 3-0 but Dortmund were the better side, it's just very hard to score with my 5 at the back. I've United in the quarters and they've been very poor in the league but look a different team in Europe, especially since Mourinho took over. 

A lot of players have shone unexpectedly particularly Cidinho ( 7 goals 18 assists in 34 games), Delph has also been fantastic, as was Helenius before Christmas but he's died down a bit the last 6 weeks, he's valued at £14m though, with Benteke hovering around £18m. That being said there's likely to be a major clear out in the summer, I bought Clyne for £5m in January to provide competition for both wing back spots but he's not world class, I'll step up interest in very good full backs over the summer, scouting Brazil & other countries very thoroughly. Also Defour, Westwood, El Ahmadi will all be sold I think. Herd's deal is up but he's a handy back up and only wants 11k a week and never complains. Tonev is also to be shown the door. Maybe a few more. I also missed the boat on Ljajic who couldn't get a work permit, he's been super, but signed a new deal in January, I'll do my best to get him in though. Some question marks over Andi & Gabby too if the price is right, I really want Lukaku.

Â