Ashley Westwood

Nabby

Having been at the game today I thought he was good. Lots of energy, makes good decisions, clever passing with a good range. Think he will be an important player in this emerging, new team.

Always baffled at the criticism of him.

If you don't like him, and haven't seen this, take a look at this article which does a good job of showing his attributes

http://7500toholte.sbnation.com/2015/8/24/9196255/aston-villa-crystal-palace-ashley-westwood-tactics-premier-league

• Like 2

Bang average. If we're serious about climbing the table, he will become a squad player at best.

But then, I don't think we are so he will continue to play.

You've rumbled us. I can't believe it's taken this long for someone to realise we're trying not to improve. 

• Like 1

I think you could see his inexperience in a forward role today. Didn't do badly, but there were times when he went back when a good number ten would've made the pass or had a shot (yes I appreciate he isn't a normal number ten but with Sanchez on was more advanced than normal).

He has had a very good start to the season and for me in terms of consistency of performance would be up there as our best performer so far.

Made some excellent passes yesterday. One with his left foot that set Hutton off in loads of space was out of the Cowans text book.

If we are going with three across the center midfield then he is a nailed on starter. On the odd occasion we will go with a two then he would start more often than not. I think Sherwood sees him as a integral part of the team and rightly so.

• Like 3

He has had a very good start to the season and for me in terms of consistency of performance would be up there as our best performer so far.

Made some excellent passes yesterday. One with his left foot that set Hutton off in loads of space was out of the Cowans text book.

If we are going with three across the center midfield then he is a nailed on starter. On the odd occasion we will go with a two then he would start more often than not. I think Sherwood sees him as a integral part of the team and rightly so.

Spot on post Mark.

Lots of sideways passes plus the usual diabolical set pieces. Same old Westwood.

This.

Oh and a mistake that led to Sunderland's equaliser.

Sick to death of his mediocrity in midfield.

And this.

Lots of sideways passes plus the usual diabolical set pieces. Same old Westwood.

This.

Oh and a mistake that led to Sunderland's equaliser.

Sick to death of his mediocrity in midfield.

And this.

Neither of them (IMO)