Ashley Westwood

Nabby

3 minutes ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

Not sure what his position was supposed to be in this game, neither first or second half. Hopefully we will go with Jedinak and Tshibola in the middle.

Just when we think we might be rid of one problem in westwood, enter jedinak.

This guy pisses me off. Two opportunities to get the ball and clear it in our box in quick succession and both times he backed off because he didn't want to get clattered by the Newcastle player trying to get the ball. And then when Ayew went on that run from deep in our own half all the way to their box, he was nowhere to be seen offering no support whatsoever. 

I really, really hope Tshibola and Jedinak is our preferred midfield pairing because this pathetic wuss should never wear a Villa shirt again.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Phumfeinz said:

This guy pisses me off. Two opportunities to get the ball and clear it in our box in quick succession and both times he backed off because he didn't want to get clattered by the Newcastle player trying to get the ball. And then when Ayew went on that run from deep in our own half all the way to their box, he was nowhere to be seen offering no support whatsoever. 

I really, really hope Tshibola and Jedinak is our preferred midfield pairing because this pathetic wuss should never wear a Villa shirt again.

Jedinak doesn't seem to be much of an improvement, to be fair.

It there is still anyone who thinks Westwood should be automatically dropped then they just need to look at the performance of Jedinak today, he was truly awful. In fact Jedinak made me question my stance on him replacing Gardner today! Jedinak plays worse and worse each game.

Westwood is what he is and may well be improved on in 2017 but at the moment, like the fact or not, he's still one of our best midfielders. Obviously our midfield is awful so it's not necessarily saying much but he currently has to start.

1 minute ago, jackbauer24 said:

It there is still anyone who thinks Westwood should be automatically dropped then they just need to look at the performance of Jedinak today, he was truly awful. In fact Jedinak made me question my stance on him replacing Gardner today! Jedinak plays worse and worse each game.

Westwood is what he is and may well be improved on in 2017 but at the moment, like the fact or not, he's still one of our best midfielders. Obviously our midfield is awful so it's not necessarily saying much but he currently has to start.

Jedinak was poor today i agree but in his defence he still won a few good tackles in second half.  Slow as a cart horse all the same.

Jedinak was very poor in parts but he did improve towards the end, especially when Tshibola got into the game. 

I'm sorry but Westwood is the common denominator when trying to work out why our midfield has been so weak and non-creative for the last few seasons. He just offers nothing of any note during most games he plays in. He needs to be replaced permanently and so does Gardner, as he is pretty much the same type of player. We need to sign a dynamic midfielder or two in January to accompany Jedinak and Tshibola. 

• Like 2