Ashley Westwood

Nabby

Westwood played well today. Did a hell of a lot of unnoticed work. His simple passes started our attacks. Works better as the one coming deep receiving the ball, and recycles clearances knocked back to him. Think he'll improve under Sherwood

• Like 1

Yeah I like the guy, not brilliant but for me he's one of our better midfielders.  Had a shocker today, but given the way he plays when he has a bad game it would be noticed.

Edited by nick76

How many times did our full backs have the ball and Westwood dropped in 5 yards away from them demanding the ball?

All he wants to do is sit in those easy positions, playing the easy passes.

He is pointless, we have been in a relegation battle for seasons now and one of the constants is this guy. Utterly utterly average, at best.

Westwood played well today. Did a hell of a lot of unnoticed work. His simple passes started our attacks. Works better as the one coming deep receiving the ball, and recycles clearances knocked back to him. Think he'll improve under Sherwood

How did you notice? :)  , to be fair he won the ball as last man a couple of times today

Id drop him for Sanchez and put sinclair in for weimann imo

Sanchez; the master of the misplaced pass? If Sherwood can get him to complete passes then he will improve massively as a player
His overall pass completion percentage is higher than Westwood. Edited by DCJonah

Westwood does a lot of the "invisible" work, like Petrov did, but he's not quite as good as Petrov was though. Not all players need to make fancy hollywood passes.

True but they also need to find a team mate with their passes. Something Westwood did precious little of yesterday.

Had a bad game yesterday but still a good play. Personally, think he will be dropped to the bench now and Sanchez will come in. Which will be the right move. 

Agreed. Just as it was the right decision to drop Sanchez.

• Like 1

Keep being told he is our best passer.

Well yday he tried forward passes, and as i said, he hasn't got the ability to do it.

Don't mind people sticking up for him, and rating him, but don't tell me he is a good passer.Robbie Savage summed him up, too safe, too pedestrian, too negative.