Ashley Westwood

Nabby

Newcastle's just sold Cabaye. Westwood thinks we're going to be relegated. So he was playing for a place in their XI next season. Lambert saw this and pulled him off early but not before Niall Quinn noticed and gave him MOTM.

Newcastle's just sold Cabaye. Westwood thinks we're going to be relegated. So he was playing for a place in their XI next season. Lambert saw this and pulled him off early but not before Niall Quinn noticed and gave him MOTM.

hermione.gif

im looking for the joke here? am sure I missed it

Utter, total, ludicrous **** nonsense.

• Like 1

Cracking touch that was. I love him and think he'll be an even bigger player for us as he grows into the prem more.

The thing that annoys me is that if he played for any other team in the prem, people on here would be slagging the club off for not being in for him. Instead after being in the prem for 18 months from League 1 and making good steady progress, he has been written off as shite and not good enough, another that didn't pass the VT world class in 12 months test.

• Like 1

Cracking touch that was. I love him and think he'll be an even bigger player for us as he grows into the prem more.

The thing that annoys me is that if he played for any other team in the prem, people on here would be slagging the club off for not being in for him. Instead after being in the prem for 18 months from League 1 and making good steady progress, he has been written off as shite and not good enough, another that didn't pass the VT world class in 12 months test.

Yes he's probably my favourite Villa player.  If that had of been Messi or Ronaldo making that touch the media wouldn't have stopped going on about it.

Good touch, one i expect from a Premiership player tbh.He did go backwards straight after though, when he had an opportunity to go forward.

Not my favourite player, he is ok, for me no more than that, despite the love in on here, i would be disappointed if he is in the 1st team in 18 mths time, mind you theres a few atm like that.

I think Westwood can be a usefull player in his own right with the right surrounding. Atm he doesn't have that here, our midfield is a total disaster where the players doesn't complement each other at all.

Westwood will only get better IMO, I think that is one of the benefits of signing younger talent. Coming from League 2 straight to the Premiership should not be underestimated or scoffed at by any stretch, we need to be conscious of the leap in quality when judging him as a player, I feel we are being incredibly harsh by calling him a poorer version of another player or saying he does not add much to the team.

It is also great that Westwood has immersed himself into the club, even greater to see his little boy wearing Villa stuff and supporting us. He is a great guy and has the potential to be a future captain for us.

• Like 1

Good touch, one i expect from a Premiership player tbh.He did go backwards straight after though, when he had an opportunity to go forward.

Behave!

There's a player RIGHT in front of him. If he takes any time to try and go forward he'd get tackled.

He plays the right ball to keep possession.

And for fans that moan and moan about keeping possession rather than punting it forward for the sake of it, I find it hilarious that someone comes out with the above.

• Like 2

Westwood is a poor mans Joe Allen, and I don't particularly rate Allen. Both are decent safe passers of the easy ball, with not a lot else to their game.

That's one aspect to his game but he also plays quick incisive forward passes and is always looking for the killer ball if its on. He is our only midfielder who is capable of passing the ball accurately beyond 50 yards so the comparison with Allen is wrong imo.

Behave!

There's a player RIGHT in front of him. If he takes any time to try and go forward he'd get tackled.

He plays the right ball to keep possession.

And for fans that moan and moan about keeping possession rather than punting it forward for the sake of it, I find it hilarious that someone comes out with the above.

True, it was a sublime touch, movement and decision which was also in one of our best passages of play and I felt like we were really up for it and about to take it all the way to them. the rest is history.