Joe Bennett

Si.

Yep the way I see it is RDM and The Doc had a late night chat after the game last night and realised after that defensive performance, some of them players are not going to get a look in again. IMO  They mutually agreed to pull the plug on the Bennett deal to keep our numbers up in defence.

I think RDM and Xia got their eyes opened last night as to how calamitous our players are.  I think RDM was too naive in his thoughts that he could get the best out of last seasons players.  Some of them are mentally broken and weak.  A loser mentality is ingrained in a lot of these players.

I think RDM underestimated how big a challenge he really has. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Newry_Villan said:

Yep the way I see it is RDM and The Doc had a late night chat after the game last night and realised after that defensive performance, some of them players are not going to get a look in again. IMO  They mutually agreed to pull the plug on the Bennett deal to keep our numbers up in defence.

I think RDM and Xia got their eyes opened last night as to how calamitous our players are.  I think RDM was too naive in his thoughts that he could get the best out of last seasons players.  Some of them are mentally broken and weak.  A loser mentality is ingrained in a lot of these players.

I think RDM underestimated how big a challenge he really has. 

You think tooo much ;)

The newspaper story seems a bit bizarre to me. Are we supposed to believe that Xia only realised Sheffield Wednesday are promotion "rivals" a few hours ago, so had to pull the plug on an agreed deal at the last minute? If so, it's not a great development.

I worry about whether there are proper decision making processes in place at AVFC just now. Tony racing round the world, hyperactively tweeting his thoughts to all and sundry and pulling the plug on deals done by the manager  at the last minute isn't going to add up to a well-run club.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, briny_ear said:

The newspaper story seems a bit bizarre to me. Are we supposed to believe that Xia only realised Sheffield Wednesday are promotion "rivals" a few hours ago, so had to pull the plug on an agreed deal at the last minute? If so, it's not a great development.

I worry about whether there are proper decision making processes in place at AVFC just now. Tony racing round the world, hyperactively tweeting his thoughts to all and sundry and pulling the plug on deals done by the manager  at the last minute isn't going to add up to a well-run club.

You think tooo much ;)

In some respect I agree with the Dr here.... why should we be giving him away free to Sheff Wed......we are not a charity and there should have been a fee.....sheff Wed must have thought great we are getting a player we want and paying nothing for him.....Thanks Aston Villa.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, deamie said:

In some respect I agree with the Dr here.... why should we be giving him away free to Sheff Wed......we are not a charity and there should have been a fee.....sheff Wed must have thought great we are getting a player we want and paying nothing for him.....Thanks Aston Villa.

Because it was RDM's decision to let him go? The manager, you know. 

25 minutes ago, BG_Villa_Fan said:

I feel sorry for the lad and for RDM too. Very poor form. 

From what I gather, it was a joint decision, no one to feel sorry for, well except Bennett, and that's if he even wanted to leave.

7 hours ago, briny_ear said:

Like the tweet said, don't believe the media... 

14 minutes ago, BG_Villa_Fan said:

Because it was RDM's decision to let him go? The manager, you know. 

So if the manager decides to let him go......Is it the manager who decides he  goes for nothing or is that down to the people upstairs. ...I dont think the managers have that power anymore but I may be wrong as certain clubs have different structures.

but the manager wants to have a small squad.. why would he want an unhappy player in the training ground? Let him go......... Not like were going to get more than 1-2 million for him.. its basically the wages we will pay him to train on his own and not play. Let him go Tony. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, NIVillan said:

Tell Wednesday we are sorry and they can have Micah Richards instead as a form of apology :)

Lescott & Bacuna too

then write in the agreement/contract in the smallest print possible that they must take Gabby too.

• Like 1

Â