Joe Bennett

Si.

Is it a coincidence our most rotten form has happened since his return from injury against Chelsea

No It's directly linked. 

(league games)

Without Bennett 12 games - 3 wins - 4 draws - 5 losses - for 11 - away 16 - points 13

With Bennett      13 games - 1 win   - 5 draws - 7 losses - for 12 - away 33 - points 8

in fairness to him he was only on the pitch for 4 of Chelsea's goals and 2 of Southampton's in the 4-1 away (his debut) so maybe 6 of those should be on the other side......mind you in fairness to us the only win with him on the pitch was the 1-0 away at Sunderland where he was stretchered off after 11 mins so shall we move that up aswell? also we were 1-0 up at home to Norwich when he got sent off in a match we ended up drawing. (also the awful 1st half against Newcastle he was there [2 goals conceded], the revival in the second half he wasn't [0 goals conceded]. vs Tottenham, stretchered off conceded 0 with 10 men albeit in a game they'd already won by then.)

In the cups he played in both FA cup games against championship teams. so played 2 - won 1 - lost 1 - for 3 - away 3

In the League cup he didn't feature in the wins against Tranmere, Swindon or Norwich. or the extra time of the Man City win (subbed off on 86 mins)

He did play the first 86 mins of the City game and both Bradford games, although again was subbed off in the second leg (after conceding the goal).

This is not an anomaly. I'm not saying he'll never make it but I really fear that if Lambert doesn't give him a rest for Lichaj/Enda it's going to seriously ruin him for the rest of his career. Definitely needs to hit the gym and bulk up along with Clark imo.

On top of all this my eyes and brain agree with each other that he's not very good.

The only reasonable conclusion I can come to with regards to Bennet's continued selection is that he has some compromising photographs of Lambert, Lerner, Faulkner and a couple of the under 10's (of which he was mistaken to be one) and is threatening to release them to the press if he gets demoted to the bench.

Edited by Shillzz

It's true he should not be starting, but I'm not convinced he's a player to give up on. He's young and raw and needs time. Once upon a time, a signing like Bennett would spend a year or two in the reserve team, not thrown right into the deep end with the senior squad.

I just hope this experience doesn't destroy his self-confidence.

• Like 1

I can see why we bought him, theres definitely something about him that i think will develop into a good player but hes just so far from premierleague standard at the moment its untrue. Stick baker there for the next 3 months and we might just have a chance at staying up.

• Like 1

weve never really replaced bouma have we? :(

hes definitely better suited to left wing, but still needs the last half of the season in the reserves to play there and adapt...

I think most of us thought we had when we signed Warnock. Unfortunately he only looked good for around 6-7 months and then became very error prone.

If people are so insistent upon dropping Bennett (and he does seem to be the scapegoat currently)  then personally I would play Delph there.  But then I wouldnt drop the lad

He's not being made a scapegoat, people are just pointing out that he's been very poor and should perhaps be dropped as a result.

I can see why we bought him, theres definitely something about him that i think will develop into a good player but hes just so far from premierleague standard at the moment its untrue. Stick baker there for the next 3 months and we might just have a chance at staying up.

I can't.  Lamberk had a limited amount of money available as we all know.  We've had a defence that's been leaking goals for a few seasons.  What we needed to do was get some solidity and experience into the defence & stop shippng goals - instead we've wasted money on buying someone who can't defend and as you rightly point out is way of PL standard.

I can't.  Lamberk had a limited amount of money available as we all know.  We've had a defence that's been leaking goals for a few seasons.  What we needed to do was get some solidity and experience into the defence & stop shippng goals - instead we've wasted money on buying someone who can't defend and as you rightly point out is way of PL standard.

the thing about bennett is that he'll most likely make a decent winger

the thing about bennett is that he'll most likely make a decent winger

no he wont. he would be another Allbrighton. too lightweight and it will only take about 5 mins to work him out

Â