Joe Bennett

Si.

Yep he was poor but no surprise after being out so long. It was a worthwhile experiement to give us more balance.

Only criticism would be that he didnt change it sooner it was pretty obvious after about 20mins that he was having zero impact on the game and in second half we were effectively playing with 10 men.

Could have brought Weimann on much sooner.

Shock horror: A player starts his first game all season and is off the boil.

But he started lots of games last season and was off the boil too, whats the reasoning behind that?

Besides, it's not as though he has come straight off the treatment table and started playing in the first team.  He has played games in the reserves before he played in this game so as far as match fitness and sharpness he should have been 90% of the way there.  If that's Joe bennett at 90% then i dont think he should pursue a career as a professional footballer cos he looked more like a cat in the headlights of a F1 car on a very long straight...

I don't think he was off the boil.

He was crap before the injury, and crap after it. He's just crap.

Bennett is firmly in the reject bin along with the other raggy dolls Tonev, Bowery, Luna and Sylla.

Personally i'd add westwood to that list too cos i am still not sure of what he actually does when he's on the pitch other than pass to a CB or lose possession

Bennett, Luna, KEA, Bowery and Tonev what a **** waste of money, nearly 10m  :o Jury isn't out for me yet on Sylla, Lowton and Westwood.

Edited by Avflife

But he started lots of games last season and was off the boil too, whats the reasoning behind that?

Besides, it's not as though he has come straight off the treatment table and started playing in the first team.  He has played games in the reserves before he played in this game so as far as match fitness and sharpness he should have been 90% of the way there.  If that's Joe bennett at 90% then i dont think he should pursue a career as a professional footballer cos he looked more like a cat in the headlights of a F1 car on a very long straight...

Bennett is firmly in the reject bin along with the other raggy dolls Tonev, Bowery, Luna and Sylla.

Personally i'd add westwood to that list too cos i am still not sure of what he actually does when he's on the pitch other than pass to a CB or lose possession

Bennett, Luna, KEA, Bowery and Tonev what a **** waste of money, nearly 10m  :o Jury isn't out for me yet on Sylla, Lowton and Westwood.

Yet when KEA plays we more often than not get a result. He is an unfashionable grafter.

Still think Joe has the talent to make it. Very tough first season. I have patience so we'll see he gets on.

Yet when KEA plays we more often than not get a result. He is an unfashionable grafter.

Still think Joe has the talent to make it. Very tough first season. I have patience so we'll see he gets on.

I've seen the statistic and I can't get my head around it, only thing I've ever seen him do is jog around the pitch and score the odd goal.

Read somewhere he used to be a striker (as a kid I think)... Lambert? Did alright on Tuesday

No he didn't, he was terrible and hid from the ball the whole time he was on the pitch.

The other players think he's shit as well  :mellow:

when he was playing left back before the injury he may have been terrible defensively but he actually showed more technical composure on the ball than most of our midfield.

but coming back from a long injury he needs a few games to settle in, would have been better to send him on loan like we did Albrighton as that seemed to work.

football is a confidence game and he doesn't have much, i hope none of our players read these boards either as if they did they would wind up shooting themselves.

• Like 1

Stopped a certain goal before they scored, should have done better for the goal though.

Have to say KEA and Gabby were an embarrassment today, Bennett should do better, but them 2 were awul all game.

The quality of football, and player is the worst i have seen down VP in 40 years.

Scapegoat time.......he gave the ball away 30 yrds out, plenty of opportunities to defend the goal after that.Go back a further minute and Gabbys awful attempt to play CB in, we should have been 1 up.Terrible team, terrible manager, hard time being a Villa fan, picking on a young kid is not the answer, blame the bloke who bought him.

It is not scapegoat time. With less than 1 minute to go he heads the ball inside to one of their players, then when we get it back he makes a sloppy pass and 10 seconds later they score. root cause of goal... Bennett!!!

Head it out. Play the play up the line and out of danger. So fed up. I hate watching Villa play.

Â