Charles N'Zogbia

Daveburnside

Nzog is really one of those players that riles people.

I didn't see the game Saturday but people were saying that nzog was terrible and should never wear the shirt again. You then have others with a different (probably IMO more realistic) view saying he was no worse than anyone else. It's the flip of Gil where some will swear blind that he was by far the stand out player, even if he was no better than anyone.

Gill made some lovely passes and was very involved in our positive play. Zog kept losing the ball and didn't really do anything positive. .

That was the difference.

What game was that in? Because I thought N'Zogbia did a decent job of recycling the ball during our run in, he seems to be the one player who gets absolutely no credit for how we survived.

Take Man City away for example. Yes I am aware we lost, I was there unfortunately, but when he came on it turned the game. They couldn't handle his darting runs and if it were not for an idiot linesman he set Benteke up to win a penalty at 2-2 which likely wins us the game.

But no, he was hopeless according to Villa Talk. A lazy waste of a shirt.

I'd not lose any sleep if he were moved on but I cannot for the life of me figure out why he receives the abuse he does.

• Like 3

Gill made some lovely passes and was very involved in our positive play. Zog kept losing the ball and didn't really do anything positive. .

That was the difference.

What game was that in? Because I thought N'Zogbia did a decent job of recycling the ball during our run in, he seems to be the one player who gets absolutely no credit for how we survived.

Take Man City away for example. Yes I am aware we lost, I was there unfortunately, but when he came on it turned the game. They couldn't handle his darting runs and if it were not for an idiot linesman he set Benteke up to win a penalty at 2-2 which likely wins us the game.

I'd not lose any sleep if he were moved on but I cannot for the life of me figure out why he receives the abuse he does.

I'm not giving him abuse... I was talking about the Fulham game on Saturday. IMO Gill had the better game. Zog did put in effort and chased back but not ,much worked for him when he had the ball.

That was the difference.

I think it's because more is expected - based on his price tag, experience & reputation, N'Zogbia should be one of our star players & most consistent performers but he's too often anonymous. If you're signed as a £10m winger, people expect goals & assists and will cut you less slack. A decent job of recycling the ball is not really enough.

to give a comparison: Leandro Bacuna cost one tenth the price, has played RB half the time & still scored more goals in a Villa shirt than Zog

• Like 2

That was the difference.

I think it's because more is expected - based on his price tag, experience & reputation, N'Zogbia should be one of our star players & most consistent performers but he's too often anonymous. If you're signed as a £10m winger, people expect goals & assists and will cut you less slack. A decent job of recycling the ball is not really enough.

to give a comparison: Leandro Bacuna cost one tenth the price, has played RB half the time & still scored more goals in a Villa shirt than Zog

True but people need to get over his cost and wages and realise that he no shitter than the majority of the team!!

Only he is and players that cost and earn far less contribute more andorr importantly look like they care unlike N'Zobia who gives the impression he doesn't.

That's just his face.
It really isn't.

Looking like you care is utterly irrelevant. Either way, I don't agree.

To be honest I couldn't really care less about N'Zogbia but what I find amusing is that so many fans want him gone from the club because they know the manager will still pick him. So rather than question the managers decision making they instead turn on the player and hope he is sold.

• Like 1

To be honest I couldn't really care less about N'Zogbia but what I find amusing is that so many fans want him gone from the club because they know the manager will still pick him. So rather than question the managers decision making they instead turn on the player and hope he is sold.

Not so in my case as I just think he's absolutely useless.

0 goals, and 0 assists last season.

If he and Gabby are in the 1st team, then  we are doomed i tell ya.

He had 4 assists last season in all competitions. Get your facts right.

• Like 2

Â