Charles N'Zogbia

Daveburnside

I think PL favored Zog as an impact player up until the United game.

While there is a lot of blame to pass around (most noticably the sideline assistant), I don't think PL was happy at all with Zog's tracking back of Evra. It might be a mistake to play Zog in that position where he has to do some defensive work, but if the manager asks you to do it, then you have to do it. I don't think Charles has figured into the squad since then.

His entire game was dogshit that day. Lost the ball all the time. Did have some good games this yr though, but unfortunately not often enough. Not really that bothered about seeing him go, as long as others are brought in

We only signed Zogs 2 years back. That is when our cost cutting started, so I doubt he is on ridiculous wages.

Just like Shay Given right?

At the time the papers were talking about £65k pw.

Does that count as ridiculous?

Maybe if Martinez goes to Everton he will be his first signing. Certainly Martinez was able to get the best out of him.

Martinez consistently played him in his best position.

• 4 weeks later...

Now that we have signed some more players, where do you see Charles next season?

As an attacking mid or winger to come on late game. He is a good option to have on the bench. Plus there will surely be injuries next season so we will need him. 

we've signed Tonev, and it's not clear how far up the pitch PL sees Bacuna playing. We ran the rule over Popov, it doesn't look like PL thinks N'Zogbia can do a job for him. Lambert gave him the chances but he never really made himself indispensable, I think Lambert will try and move him on.

Not here hopefully.

Why?

Sure he cost a lot of money which is by the by now and yeah, he has that constant miserable expression. But from what we hear, him helping the likes of Benteke and Sylla to settle coupled with the fact I've not heard him pipe up about his but part role even once, in two years, he's no trouble at all.

More importantly he helped us kick start our season with a couple of match winning performances at a time when we were desperate for somebody, anybody to step up.

I don't like him being on £50k a week. But rather him than any one of the "others", Gabby aside of course. He'd be the last out the door for me.

• Like 2

NZogbia had a pretty good season.

He was only left out because our lightweight midfield needed a bit more steel. I don't really understand a lot of the comments on here, he performed well when he was called upon last season. A very useful squad player and one that I'd like to see stay.

I'd go with that Shillzz. Despite his relatively infrequent appearances, he was surprisingly effective when he came on, scoring vital goals and providing more assists this season than anyone except Westwood. I would have no problem holding on to N'Zogbia if no-one came in and offered silly money for him.

He's also becoming a rare breed at VP. Someone not still in diapers :P

Â