Charles N'Zogbia

Daveburnside

N'Zogbia is not a number ten. :blink:

I'm fairly certain that's the position Wigan got his best form from?

I'm sure he played his best on the right wing for Wigan. Maybe i'm wrong, but he's most effective running at defenders and cutting inside. 

Last chance saloon for him, in football cliche terms. Agree that he looked good last time out but it's clear he's not worth what we're paying him and Lambert thusly wants to get him off the wage bill.

We need to play him anyway to find someone interested ..

I'm sure he played his best on the right wing for Wigan. Maybe i'm wrong, but he's most effective running at defenders and cutting inside.

Correct. And yet we've never actually played him in this position ? If he was fit, I'd love to see a front 3 of Gabby, Benteke and Nzogbia. It would allow him to stay higher up the pitch to take on players and create opportunities which is what he's good at and give him less defensive responsibility too. Definitely not a number 10 though

Been saying this for quite some time now concerning N'Zogbia.

You cannot expect to get the best out of any player until you actually give him a run of games in his best position.

Lambert probably feels that for the wages N'Zogbia is on he can bring in two more players, like Tonev perhaps?

Wonder if we could persuade Wigan tio take him back?

Would be no suprise to me if he ends up at Everton at a cut price fee  back with Martinez

Then turns into the player we thought we brought

Don't think he'll ever be the player we thought we bought. He has never been that for us and is now two years older and he's desperately short of matches, fitness and, I'd imagine, confidence.

The Championship (or lower league on mainland Europe) beckons for him IMO, if he ever gets over his mystery injury.

Wonder if we could persuade Wigan tio take him back?

Would be no suprise to me if he ends up at Everton at a cut price fee  back with Martinez

Then turns into the player we thought we brought

Don't think he'll ever be the player we thought we bought. He has never been that for us and is now two years older and he's desperately short of matches, fitness and, I'd imagine, confidence.

The Championship (or lower league on mainland Europe) beckons for him IMO, if he ever gets over his mystery injury.

I don't know enough to disagree but I would say Zog has never been given a sustained run in the team, it was always 2 games on and about 5 off or a bad injury, I would like to see him picked every week for ten games. If Weimann can manage it despite being mostly crap this season then Zog should be afforded the same.

I know most hated Ireland but he never got a long run under Lambert either and to be fair he has done for Stoke and looks ok, still not what we need though.

CNZ seems to have picked up the NRC syndrome whereby the less he plays the better he seems to get

Noo, maybe its just the shit we have at the moment any other 'proven' premiership player is bound to be better. Wiemann or an on form NZog, no contest for me!

Â