Charles N'Zogbia

Daveburnside

I get the feeling from Lamberts comments that N'Zog is well and truly in the bomb squad. Shame because in the right system he is a proven match winner. He thrives on the right in a possession and passing team which we obviously are not at the mo.

He could be our creative player if we wanted but I feel that we will sell in the summer for a couple of million and he will be replaced by a 'young and hungry' player from Division 1 or some minor European League.

I'm not his biggest fan but I desperately await his return given the complete lethargic displays of the current attacking players.

It does seem like he is most likely in the 'bomb squad' but surely PL isn't that stupid that he will just let him rot in the reserves for the rest of the season? If he does take the Alan Hutton approach with N'Zogbia then he is a complete idiot.

Edited by Isa

Given the nature and severity of his injury we could have a long period of physical rustiness and mental nervousness when he finally comes back.

All of our players are currently suffering from the symptoms you have just described.

• Like 1

Back in 3 to 4 weeks

He won't be playing in then though, probably just taking part in full training and it can take another month to build up the required fitness for league games.

Yup Lambo has said he will decide whether or not he is in his plans when he returns to full training so I guess we may see him again. That said, I don't think there is too much of a future for him here which is a shame as he clearly has talent, just isn't consistent with his use of it. 

He hasn't been helped though with not being given a decent run in the team in his best position cutting in from the right as he did at Wigan.

As we've seen with Ireland at Stoke put the player in his best position and give him a decent run of games and eventually you will see the benefit.

What absolute sodding nonsense, sorry but Ireland was played in this position numerous times by Lambert, but he didn't perform. Have you ever actually considered that Ireland's contract is up at the end of the season and that maybe, he's decided to actually put some effort in to get a new deal.

Of course that could be a possibility as could playing for a manager who has confidence in him and giving him a decent run of games.

Its strange though that if indeed it is the case that he's upping his effort to gain a new deal why Lambert couldn't get the type of performances out of Ireland that Hughes is getting especially when we're missing that elusive AM and we could have benefitted from that at least until the end of this season. With that in mind it could also be argued that Lambert's decision on Ireland is proving to be a tad premature? 

Looks like he's going to get that new deal anyway.

http://www.independent.ie/sport/mark-hughes-wants-permanent-stoke-move-for-stephen-ireland-29856415.html

Edited by Morpheus

I worry that Lambert cant get consistency from our players. Thoughts of bombing NZog out the squad cause he cant get the best out if him shows a poor manager to me. Players need motivating and i feel Lambert gives up a little to soon for me!!

I've had that feeling for years under respective managers.

its like we change the bowler, but don't change the bowling....they all seem the same to me.

Â