Relegation

Amo69

The Drop  

609 members have voted

1. 1. Will Villa Go Down?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure

Still think we will be lower mid table and possibly in a relegation scrap. We appear to struggle creating chances and scoring which is always going to get you into trouble. Hoping the new signings - Bowery Westwood & Benteke change that but it will take time

It takes time for a new manager to implement his system, 3 games in and people already calling for AVB head. Football fans are so fickle its unreal.

AVB is a very poor manager though... Lambert isn't.

"AVB is a very poor manager"

This is a joke, right? Good one!

More accurate to say that AVB's record In the Premiership has been one long car crash so far!

Yes, AVB doesn't seem suited to the English mentality, as of yet anyway.

His record i the PL is no where good enough.

On the other hand i doubt anyone outside the UK or even Aston Villa rate Paul Lamberts accomplishments in English lower leagues higher than what AVB did at Porto.

As for potential we'll just have to wait and see, AVB is 9 years younger than Lambert...

If we weren't relegated last season, what makes people think we will this year?

Because it's a new season with three new clubs in the league who, in my opinion, are better than the three who went down. Also, teams around us have strengthened much better than we have.

I hope I am proven wrong, nothing would make me happier, but I just can't see where a lot of wins are going to come from. I'm all for giving the young lads we've signed a chance, we don't really have a choice with that, but I really think we wasted a good opportunity to rectify some glaring mistakes this summer but we haven't.

I have no problem bringing in young and hungry players, but they need to be supplemented with quality and experienced heads. We didn't buy enough experienced players and the pressure is really going to be on the young lads who came in, which isn't fair and could really hinder their development and transition to Premier League football.

I think we have a better team and a better manager than last season, but the league is a different animal this season and I think we could well be one of the teams going down. I don't think Lambert will get the sack if we did and I'm not even sure I want him to, strange as that sounds. I want some stability and if we went down I'm not even sure we could attract a better manager than Lambert.

Very mixed feelings, truly hope I'm wrong. I'll be supporting the lads as much as any fan on matchday though.

It takes time for a new manager to implement his system, 3 games in and people already calling for AVB head. Football fans are so fickle its unreal.

AVB is a very poor manager though... Lambert isn't.

"AVB is a very poor manager"

This is a joke, right? Good one!

No joke. You ride on the crest of the good will wave he created in one season and ignore the Premier League facts.

Lambert has not failed anywhere he has been. AVB has failed everywhere bar one club. He will be as big a disaster at Spurs as he was at Chelsea.

We practically have a complete new team. I wouldn't be worried about relegation if we were in the bottom three at the end of October, as long as there are signs. This team need time to gel together.

I have faith in Paul Lambert and I have faith in his signings. I predict a mid table finish this season with performances improving as the season progresses. I also believe we actually have options to change formations now - something we have not done for years.

There's worse teams than us in this league. Liverpool, for one...

The question is, can we be consistent now. Shame Bent wasnt more ruthless yesterday, should have won really.Its gonna take time but we're definitely heading in the right direction. We just need to sort out our home form we've been pretty abysmal for a while at VP now, its like theres too much pressure on the side but I trust Lambo to drum it out of them. But im luvin our posession approach. We're like the new Swansea pfttt haha