Relegation

Amo69

The Drop  

609 members have voted

1. 1. Will Villa Go Down?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure

You can't use just one example of a game to talk about the rest of the season. We played well against Newcastle and Swansea, but judging by how Swansea played against Everton today, starting to wonder if they made us look better than were.

Like i said Swansea are in decline injuries have ravaged there squad they have no defence and with the attack minded philosophy they have defeats will happen

We played well against a Newcastle side which played on the Thursday night in europe i think alot of sides in the prem would have give them a game under these circumstances

2 good points made about my last comment, so ill change it slightly

we shouldnt be in a position were were fielding half a team of ankle biters, 1 maybe 2 kids at most, it should be full of prem quality experienced international players

we can only dream lol

I hate this thread. Cannot we not have a thread to generally speak about results?

No the hard questions have to be asked

We don't deserve to be a premier league outfit losing 4 - 1 to Southampton...

Lets hope Adkins talks up Lambert like Lambert did for him before the game

Im not trying to deflect away from these hard questions.

im just saying I find it pathetic how after one win, I see numerous posts suggesting top 10 finishes, then after a poor performance, we have to discuss it in a thread called relegation.

Wish some people would have a little more sense.

Embarrassing.. utterley embarrassing that today... getting hammered by a side newly promoted & bottom of the table.

That has completely ruined the false dawn of the last 2 games..

Southampton are crud one of the worst teams in this division ... but well above our level it seems.

Shocking!.. 4-1 by a poor newly promoted side.

Embarrassing.. utterley embarrassing that today... getting hammered by a side newly promoted & bottom of the table.

Southampton are crud one of the worst teams in this division ... but well above our level it seems.

it happens in football

Did people not see Southampton vs City and United they probably should have took 4 points from them games.

not defending the result but people saying Southampton are worst team in the league are talking rubbish

Not in the least concerned - part of the ebbs and flows - we are only just starting, few Teams get hammered at home 3 games running, Saints were always going to perk up for what they viewed as their real 'start'.

People need to stop knee jerking one result at a time and wait a bit.

We could easily beat the baggies and be feeling up again.

Not in the least concerned - part of the ebbs and flows - we are only just starting, few Teams get hammered at home 3 games running, Saints were always going to perk up for what they viewed as their real 'start'.

People need to stop knee jerking one result at a time and wait a bit.

We could easily beat the baggies and be feeling up again.

I agree.

Something people need to remember as well is that newly promoted teams can often be far from easy in the first half of the season.

Lambert's new and there are a hell of a lot of new players in the squad. It will take time and I expect we'll be up and down for most of the season.

not as bad as 6-0 against newly promoted Newcastle a few years ago

As van morrison said " the'll be days like this"

We are still very much work in progress and at a very early stage of it.

Southampton may be newly promoted but we have been seriously in reverse and courting relegation so perhaps there isn't much difference between us.

The 4-1 reversal is not the main gripe for me.....shit happens.

It's the revisiting of the **** long ball game, that gets under my skin.

To be fair I didn't see the game, but I didn't have to, as soon as I heard that I thought the rest doesn't matter.

We have to stick to our playing style and principles if we have any hope of progressing or developing.