Relegation

Amo69

The Drop  

609 members have voted

1. 1. Will Villa Go Down?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure

lots of over reaction in here but i spose i should be used to that by now. chill the fudge out, all of a sudden we have the worst squad in the prem and no hope of anything but relegation?

i think not. i think we'll get 50 points plus even without any new faces. have some faith in PL, he's had 2 months to change from being anti football into a possession side. it's going to take time. everyone jumping up and down, booing, giving it lerner out and the squad is shit etc. isn't helping anyone.

Its like Newcastle 4yrs ago. Too big a club to go down, but a squad incapable of staying up. I cant remember the last home game we had where we didnt look like the away side!

id gladly go down if it meant we came back like they did

Its like Newcastle 4yrs ago. Too big a club to go down, but a squad incapable of staying up. I cant remember the last home game we had where we didnt look like the away side!

Think it will take more than you going down on some people to help us back up if we get relegated

Think it will take more than you going down on some people to help us back up if we get relegated

:lol::lol: ill do my part

:lol::lol: ill do my part

You are a real trooper, we shoud have more fans like you!

Very much on a knife edge down B6 right now. Next few days are monumental.

The squad as it stands will be relegated quite comfortably and I say that with a very heavy heart.

Agree totally, I appreciate it's going to take a while to play a better style of football, but Lambert will not be able to perform miracles with such a weak squad. Need to add experience to that squad this week otherwise can see us being in the same position in the league come the start of the next transfer window.

I haven't paid much attention to Villa under Lambert so if the below could be answered that'd be great.

1)Why did we release 2 centre backs and only sign 1?

2)Will Dunne feature when fit or does Lambert not like him?

3)How did he get wind of Hutton and Warnock being shit so quickly? And why haven't they been moved on?

4)Can the above really be as bad as Lowton and Baker?

5)What hapenned to Albrighton?

I haven't paid much attention to Villa under Lambert so if the below could be answered that'd be great.

3)How did he get wind of Hutton and Warnock being shit so quickly? And why haven't they been moved on?

1) because we have clark and baker

2) PL has said as much very recently, he will feature when fit.

3) maybe he had a chat with them after he'd seen them train? probably had an idea before he even took the job.

4) lowton will be a much better RB for us than hutton. baker will be a great CB for us, he isn't a LB.

5) he's injured.

1. Money

2. Almost certainly, neither Clark or Baker are ready to hold down a regular spot in the prem

3. He's a professional football manager, they all know a lot more about the players of other teams than we sometimes think. Hutton and Warnock will not have been unknown quantities to him.

4. Good question, probably not

5. Injured. Back soon.

in fairness to Lambert i think Cuellar was released and maybe signed by sunderland before he was appointed and Collins hardly covered himself in glory either.

as for relegation unless ive awoken from a coma we are still in august i doubt swansea fans are claiming champions league spot

Patience and foresight with our present squad is only going to end in relegation. We presently don't have the players with a cutting edge to give us an end product and we also have a weak defence.

cutting edge will come with time, we're only figuring out how to move when we don't have the ball at the moment. bring in the best player in the world and plop him into our starting xi and we'll have the same problem for 10 games or so

Disagree.

Our present forward line would be of an age where walking sticks would be required before they could learn to move properly and even then?

Our lack of cutting edge is due to a dearth of creative quality rather than movement.

Still glad Collins is gone, he's a poor player and a trouble maker.

Just see his back pass yesterday for confirmation :-)

Sorry, one misplaced back pass can't confirm that a player is poor and a trouble maker.

Otherwise, so is Skrtel for Liverpool (see his mistake for Man C's 2nd goal today).

1)Lambert has stated he thinks Clark will make a good centre half. His judgement is wrong,he has made a mistake

2)Dunne will start when fit

3)Trying to make himself popular with the fans after the McLeish season by targeting the most unpopular players with the fanbase. Again his judgement is wrong and he has made a mistake

4)They should be starting instead of Lowton and Baker. Baker never was and never will be a left back. Lowton looks like a player straight out of league 1, he is out of his depth when starting games

5)Allbrighton is injured but will make little or no difference to this team

Sorry, one misplaced back pass can't confirm that a player is poor and a trouble maker.

Otherwise, so is Skrtel for Liverpool (see his mistake for Man C's 2nd goal today).

Collins is poor though. We're certainly not missing him.

Collins is poor though. We're certainly not missing him.

Yeah clark is awesome!!!

:lol:

People saying our style of play is to blame and we need to be patient.

Like if we'd try to play differently we would have beat west ham or everton.

My god there is some serious delusion on here.

Nobody is complaining about our new playing style. Everyone is complaining that we dont have good enough players to stay up and with a few days left to replace them then we are panicking.

Rightfully imho.

People saying our style of play is to blame and we need to be patient.

Like if we'd try to play differently we would have beat west ham or everton.

My god there is some serious delusion on here.

if we'd played a different style we'd have been beaten by both teams too. if you're referring to my posts, read them again, and actually pay attention to the words this time

the style of play is necessary, and it'll bring thumpings. another style of play will bring thumpings too, but it wouldn't bring any of the long term benefit

This smacks of Houllier.

I suspect those who couldn't see what Houllier was trying to do will throw the same accusations at Lambert and cry about relegation. That said, Houllier was accused of doing "too much too soon" and Lambert may be in the same boat.

Still, it's our second game. We started with 4 changes in personell from our last game. They simply have not had time to click, nor Lambert time to determine who is worth a starting place and who is not (of which, sadly, there are quite a few). He also needs time to undo all the wonderful work our last manager did.

Thankfully the season is not decided by the second game so while relegation is always a possibility you won't mind if I stay positive and still expect a comfortable mid-table finish - even with our current squad.