The Drop  

609 members have voted

1. 1. Will Villa Go Down?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure

Norwich, Southampton, Reading, Wigan and West Brom will all finish below us IMO

West Brom won't.

They're comfortably beating a Everton team that ripped us to shreds last week.

In the two games this season, there's been two major problems that were evident last season, we can't create chance3s for Bent and we struggled against the high ball at the back.

I struggle to see which of Lambert's signings are going to rectify that.

I'm stunned to read in this thread that some think it is inevitable this season.

Its certainly not inevitable but it is a possibility Richard although i tend to think that if we are in dire straits by January then Randy will open the check book again.

Not that i think it would happen but I just wonder what the odds would be on Lambert being sacked by the start of the January window if things really do go pear shaped for us?

I'm stunned to read in this thread that some think it is inevitable this season.

Its certainly not inevitable but it is a possibility Richard although i tend to think that if we are in dire straits by January then Randy will open the check book again.

I just wonder what the odds would be on Lambert being sacked by the start of the January window if things really do go pear shaped for us?

If Lerner didn't sack Mcleish in January there is no chance he will sack Lambert... even if bottom IMO.

Relegation won't happen :)

They won't be anywhere near top 4 but with the quality of players they won't be anywhere near the bottom either, especially not when AVB is sacked around October time and they bring Redknapp back.......

I've been saying this for months! :thumb:

Lambert simply must be allowed time to create this new Villa, if he was to be fired before the end of the season, and even if we were to be relegated, I would be sore pissed if Lerner were to lose patience with him to that extent. This is clearly a transition season, a new beginning after the catastrophic error filled tenure of he who shall not be named, we need to be patient and accept that Villa won't be world beaters just yet. This transfer window has demonstrated a prudence that will pay off well should the worst case scenario occur and we are relegated.

One has to be realistic and accept that this rebuilding must be allowed to come to fruition, we simply cannot go through another change of manager and approach again anytime soon, the consequences would be nothing short of disastrous.

I don't think we are going to go down, and as a previous poster has stated, if by the winter window we are in the soup, I think RL will make appropriate decisions at that time. That being said, here is one Villa fan who would face the worst case scenario with a continued support for PL and his vision, it is a long term one, not a quick and easy about face.

Teams I think that will be down there or there abouts

Norwich - a lot of fight in that team but I can see them being in the bottom six.

Swansea - well on their way to becoming an established mid table team, but how will these new spanish lads handle a cold wet trip to a WHU or Stoke, the fact they have 7 points is a big bonus already.

Q.P.R. - Hughes has simply built a team of overpaid overrated players can't see it working.

Southampton - haven't exactly started very well in terms of results and it'll be interesting when they get their first points on the board.

Reading - hungry team but in my opinion will be far too dependent on Progrebnyak.

Wigan - They are always there, have had some soft fixtures so far, can't see them beating the big teams as they did last year.

This is our competition, I think Fulham might be down there as well but Berbatov is a class act but Dempseys goals and poor away form could prove costly. Hopefully West Ham as well.

I would add Stoke to that mix.

Hardly ever win away (they've already drawn two winnable away games against Wigan and Reading) and one of the lowest scorers in the league.

Already started with 3 draws which is what we were doing at the start of last season.

I think this season will see Man City and Chelsea run away in the title race, with Man U struggling to keep up in a distant 3rd. I think Arsenal, Newcastle, Liverpool and Everton will rise to the upper half but not by any great degree, and I genuinely think that this season will see a very close table from 4th down to 20th. This could be both good and bad for us . [i think MON will do exactly the same at Sunderland that he did with us, but it will be doomed to expensive failure and squad redundancy].

I think we will have just enough to be serious relegation candidates, as has been mentioned, if we are struggling at Christmas Randy will open the wallet, and incidentally I think we will see one or two more new faces in the January window anyway.

Tell you what, Fulham looked god awful today. Think they might struggle without Dembele amd Dempsey. Berbatov is not the

sort to put a shift in if needed.

I don't see how they are going to get the ball to Berbatov... he doesn't track back and certainly won't do as well as Dempsey even though he is twice the player.

We might not get relegated and we may well be superb in a few years.

We will not get relegated and with Lambert in charge we will hopefully be a good, successful football club in a few years time. Constructive criticism is always healthy but I think we need to be patient and put our faith in Lambert's vision and his people.

I for one am very excited about the coming years and the continuity that seems to be in place and that has been lacking for far too long.

I for one am fully expecting us to draw or loose today, the new signings will have to bed in before we improve, my only concern is the fixtures we have coming up against the top teams, hopefully we may get a couple of results but if we don't the backlash and confidence drop may be too much to recover from. this will require a lot of support from the crowd to get the players heads up again, judging from the negativity on here and at the ground it may not come. I think it may get worse before it gets better.